Refit Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the West

rmwood6426 -> Refit Question (2/1/2017 8:48:50 PM)

Are there penalties tied to units in refit mode? CV and/or MP penalties etc?

Markojager -> RE: Refit Question (3/7/2017 9:47:15 PM)

In the manual I don't see any penalty, as the option gives bonus and add priority to the reinforments.

Edit: I was looking throught the forum Aand I didn't saw that it was already answer this question in a double post beforee.

FireDog -> RE: Refit Question (3/7/2017 10:49:27 PM)

That's a good question. I have also been wondering do you get fewer general supplies, fuel, and ammo when a unit is in refit mode? i.e. does the unit receive the same amount of freight it would have, but some is turned into reinforcements?

LiquidSky -> RE: Refit Question (3/8/2017 5:19:09 AM)

Replacement points are freight. Fuel is freight. Supply is freight.

Ammo is converted from supplies.

At the unit level, it is hard to predict if it would have gotten more supplies/fuel instead of replacements. Maybe it receives more freight to compensate for the extra replacements...maybe not.

At the army group level...however! A depot can only receive so much freight along the rail lines...(or by sea). If the entire army group is jammed in a small area being serviced by only a couple of depots...then their wont be enough freight to go around for everyone.

In that case you may want to cut down on the overall demand by not shipping out replacements that wont get supply anyways.

What can happen is you can land the entire allied army in France.....and not own enough ports to move enough freight to the continent to keep them supplied. You may then want to pull back the more beat up units back to Britain for refit.

Or increase the amount of freight by taking more ports

FireDog -> RE: Refit Question (3/8/2017 6:34:58 PM)

Thanks!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI