Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map Depths (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Fer_Cabo -> Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map Depths (2/5/2017 10:41:16 PM)

Hi folks,

Maybe there's already a remedy / solution for this.

I've uploaded attachments with overlays of Port/Harbors for my scenarios, but - quite logically on the other hand- many of the specific units/facilities are located on "water/negative-depth" areas or points in the CMANO map.

This might be so because the Port piers and facilities are obviously artificial, and before they were built, water occupied that space with depthts of -2, -5 meters and so on.

However, i think those units should be allowed to be created in negative altitude points. Otherwise, most of the world's port facilities will not possibly be accurately set up on the corresponding overlays.

Thanks!

mikmykWS -> RE: Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map Depths (2/6/2017 11:34:17 AM)

If you want a match drop the unit where there is land and then move the unit where you would like.

If you notice the blue shading around the port units its actually carving out deep enough water for units to move in and out without penalty through complicated terrain. You can use set orientation to move the area as needed.

We honestly don't have the spare resources to dredge out everybody's favorite harbor or match every terrain feature. Our open sources that provided the data didn't even do that. At this point we need to put resources on things that really matter to game play and keep most players happy and models what we'd like.

Thanks!

Mike

1nutworld -> RE: Piers and Port Facilities - Problem with CMANO Map Depths (2/6/2017 3:26:43 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: mikmyk

If you want a match drop the unit where there is land and then move the unit where you would like.

If you notice the blue shading around the port units its actually carving out deep enough water for units to move in and out without penalty through complicated terrain. You can use set orientation to move the area as needed.

We honestly don't have the spare resources to dredge out everybody's favorite harbor or match every terrain feature. Our open sources that provided the data didn't even do that. At this point we need to put resources on things that really matter to game play and keep most players happy and models what we'd like.

Thanks!

Mike

Nice work-around, Mike! Thank you. I was also wondering about being able to do something about that, for a larger scenario that I'm working on in my own mind.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI