Order of Battle frozen scenario Loading screen (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Tech Support

Geert1976 -> Order of Battle frozen scenario Loading screen (3/27/2017 8:25:48 AM)

Dear all,

Order of battle is having difficulty loading any saved games. For example: I started the training campaign. It starts without difficulty. I complete first scenario and proceed to second scenario. So far no problems. I play a few turns of the second scenario and save and exit. Now everytime I try to resume a game (autosave or my own saves) the game gets stuck at the loading screen (see picture attached)(The tips actually change every few seconds so the game hasn't crashed.
The game also now (more often than not) gets stuck at the loading screen if I try to start any scenario.

Can you suggest a solution?

Zip file: I have included two screen shots. One of the eternal Loading screen the other giving an error message which I sometimes receive. Also DXdiag log included.

version 2.9.9
Brought and Run through Steam

VPaulus -> RE: Order of Battle frozen scenario Loading screen (3/27/2017 9:44:07 AM)

Firstly do the following steps:
Step 1: Run the game as Administrator

- Right-click the game in your Steam Library.
- Go to Properties, then to the Local Files tab.
- Click Browse Local Files.
- Locate the game executable (the application file).
- Right-click it and go to Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check the "Run this program as an administrator" box.
- Click Apply.

Step 2: Run Steam as Administrator

- Navigate your Steam installation file (By default, it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam).
- Right-click the Steam executable.
- Follow the above steps to set it to Run as Administrator.
- Restart Steam.

Step 3:

Rename the folder named "Order of Battle - WW2" as "_Order of Battle - WW2". This folder can be found in your Windows documents folder at: "...\Documents\My Games"

Run the game check if the issue persists.

cwapp1967 -> RE: Order of Battle frozen scenario Loading screen (4/2/2017 8:44:03 PM)

Not playing with steam, but was having the loading screen freeze problem. Tried the solution above. Worked ok for 1 day, now the game is back to stalling on every loading screen, whether it's a scenario or a campaign I try to play.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI