McDonalds round the world. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

Aurelian -> McDonalds round the world. (3/29/2017 7:14:38 AM)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/casual/the-most-incredible-mcdonald%E2%80%99s-restaurants-in-the-world/ss-AAm9kN8?li=BBnb7Kz

wings7 -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/29/2017 11:59:43 AM)

There are some pretty amazing locations [X(]...to bad they don't improve the food quality and preparation! [:(]

warspite1 -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/29/2017 4:20:34 PM)

Has anyone seen the new Michael Keaton film about McDonalds?

wings7 -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/29/2017 5:42:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: warspite1

No, but the reviews had been good...another must see for me!

Curtis Lemay -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/29/2017 6:31:57 PM)

quote:

I did. Thumbs up. I learned a few things I didn't know about the place. It's called "The Founder" - implying that Ray Kroc was the founder (which is the official story from McDonalds). He really wasn't, as the film shows. There were a couple of McDonald brothers that he pushed out in a ruthless fashion.

Neilster -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 12:33:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Curtis Lemay

quote:

I did. Thumbs up. I learned a few things I didn't know about the place. It's called "The Founder" - implying that Ray Kroc was the founder (which is the official story from McDonalds). He really wasn't, as the film shows. There were a couple of McDonald brothers that he pushed out in a ruthless fashion.

I knew the story but haven't seen the film yet.

This is a genuine highway sign from Australia. Yass is a town between Melbourne and Sydney. Someone didn't think this through. "Customers, please use rear entrance" [:D]

Cheers, Neilster

[image]local://upfiles/10515/9203796CCBA84E61AA7CF5C883C0AB0F.jpg[/image]

Gilmer -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 1:04:09 AM)

I've always called it McSlops. I have never liked their foos much or their service.

Neilster -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 1:12:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: H Gilmer

I've always called it McSlops. I have never liked their foos much or their service.

Absolutely. I always try to eat something healthy and use local stores. A few years ago I was forced to buy something from one because it was the only place open, so I selected one of their "healthy option" wrap thingies. It was as dear as poison and tasted vile. I'd rather go hungry and wait till I get home.

Their business practices are pretty dodgy too. I once saw a piece on TV about a group of franchisees who were trying to sue McDonalds. They had paid a fortune for a franchise after being told that no other McDonalds would open near them. Surprise surprise! Six months later another McDonalds opened up down the road. They had to use code-names and do everything in secret because if McDonalds found out who they were, the fine print in the contract means Maccas can just take their franchise away with no compensation. Classy.

Cheers, Neilster

warspite1 -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 4:57:16 AM)

Got to say I've always loved McDonalds. Somewhere to go when you've been out all day, you're in a hurry for food - and it tastes damn delicious. A nice little treat.

Zap -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 5:42:25 AM)

Its gained my business recently with the introduction of the Grand Mac

RodyMetal -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 7:56:15 AM)

well sometimes I like it, the taste and quality of their food can vary from country to country.

Greybriar -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 1:40:21 PM)

I have not watched the movie but The Founder received a Metascore of 66 and iMBD gave it a rating of 7.2.

As for McDonald's, the last time I bought a hamburger from the one nearest me, it tasted more like soy than beef. That was over twenty years ago and I haven't been back since.

TulliusDetritus -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 2:54:05 PM)

quote:

Got to say I've always loved McDonalds. Somewhere to go when you've been out all day, you're in a hurry for food - and it tastes damn delicious. A nice little treat.

Lucky you and your inexistent sophisticated palate [:D] I'm not joking, it's actually a compliment.

People with sophisticated palate: "it's sh*t and it tastes like sh*t". People without it: "it's sh*t but I eat it the same".

People like you will survive the next zombie acopalypse. The rest will have to adapt or else!

wodin -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 6:08:28 PM)

It's how America wins it's wars..send in McDonalds and KFC..

Curtis Lemay -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 6:34:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wodin

And when the first Hooter's opens, we know we've won.

warspite1 -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 7:26:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TulliusDetritus

quote:

Lucky you and your inexistent sophisticated palate [:D] I'm not joking, it's actually a compliment.

People with sophisticated palate: "it's sh*t and it tastes like sh*t". People without it: "it's sh*t but I eat it the same".

People like you will survive the next zombie acopalypse. The rest will have to adapt or else!
warspite1

Well that's nice to know.......

TulliusDetritus -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 9:17:29 PM)

quote:

quote:

Hooters... Beijing.

[image]local://upfiles/11562/8B01E64B129B409FABD2A9A51055C043.jpg[/image]

Zorch -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 9:18:37 PM)

quote:

quote:

Time to declare victory (or at least peace with honor).

[image]local://upfiles/34241/BD298C96329443129A443F5CCD1812A1.jpg[/image]

Neilster -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 9:35:56 PM)

quote:

Hooters... Beijing.

I'm not sure they've fully grasped the concept [;)]

Cheers, Neilster

TulliusDetritus -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/30/2017 10:25:49 PM)

What I didn't say is that I think I visited a McDonalds twice in my entire life IIRC

BUT [:D] In 2009 I spent 4 months in China (tourism). I obviously ate what local people ate. Every single day, every single meal. Except the weird things.

Somehow, maybe 2 months after my arrival I saw a McDonalds. And I started thinking about beef (really?) and French fries. The thing is I was deeply embarassed! I did not dare enter the restaurant LOL I was eating what locals were eating, what would they think? "Here goes another stupid foreigner who despises our gastronomy!". False!

I managed to enter after a few and ridiculous failed attempts and er... I can repeat Warspite's (see above) words: delicious... The difference is that I had an alibi: I was truly desperate. Warspite seems a serial offender though.

Oh, I did the same in another Chinese city weeks later. Besides, the thing I missed the most was cheese (and proper coffee obviously). I eat it every single day.

Zap -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/31/2017 1:10:31 AM)

Wait, good food! Macs Quarter Pounder will be made fresh in 2018. Mmmm good!

CaptBeefheart -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/31/2017 3:04:39 AM)

Years ago a Korean gal I knew had just returned from a vacation in Thailand. I said, "Thai food is my favorite, especially in Thailand. What did you eat?" "Well, that food has some pretty strange spices. We ate at McDonald's every day since we know it." To be fair, Koreans are much more adventurous regarding international food nowadays.

Cheers,
CC

Greybriar -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/31/2017 1:47:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Commander Cody

Years ago a Korean gal I knew had just returned from a vacation in Thailand. I said, "Thai food is my favorite, especially in Thailand. What did you eat?" "Well, that food has some pretty strange spices. We ate at McDonald's every day since we know it." To be fair, Koreans are much more adventurous regarding international food nowadays.

Cheers,
CC

Since dogs are a source of food in Thailand, I wonder if dog meat is used in the food sold in restaurants in that country whether they be franchises or otherwise.

Franciscus -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/31/2017 2:20:52 PM)

I hereby confess to like a good Big Mac once in a while...[:D]

And I still remember going in 1991 to the first McDonald's here in Portugal [X(]

And having a McDonald's around while travelling abroad, specially with young kids or teenagers, is almost a life-insurance - at least there is somewhere to go where we know they will eat without problems :)

TulliusDetritus -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/31/2017 3:53:41 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Greybriar
Since dogs are a source of food in Thailand, I wonder if dog meat is used in the food sold in restaurants in that country whether they be franchises or otherwise.

I guess you're asking if somehow you (a client) could be served dog without knowing it... If it's like in China I don't think so. That was my biggest fear there [:D]

The thing is it's a delicacy ergo more expensive than chicken or pork. They are supposed to let you know you will be paying more money. So in theory you're relatively safe.

You quickly learned where that meat was sold, believe me. No need of sordid details.

Our reasoning is different. The animal is sacred, ergo its meat is rubbish = very cheap because no one wants it. Ergo we could think they might give you dog instead of other meats (a scam). Chinese restaurants urban legends anyone? But that's not the East/Southeast Asian reasoning, as I said above [8D]

In other words, tourists are safe.

warspite1 -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (3/31/2017 4:22:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Franciscus

And having a McDonald's around while travelling abroad, specially with young kids or teenagers, is almost a life-insurance - at least there is somewhere to go where we know they will eat without problems :)
warspite1

Very true. Ronald has saved us on more than a few occasions in the past.

cpdeyoung -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (4/1/2017 4:40:51 AM)

My wife and I were in Nice and we were walking by a McD's. We stopped in found no other Americans, just a lot of French enjoying themselves in what they surely thought of as their restaurant.

It was a nice store and had an ordering kiosk, which I think is coming here too.

I worked in three different McD's while I was college age and all were nice places to work. One company store and two franchise stores. It was good to know there was a job for me in any college town.

If you have not tried McD's in a while I recommend you give their breakfasts a try. The egg McMuffin is a simple sandwich and delicious.

Chuck

Orm -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (4/1/2017 8:52:29 PM)

I like their McFeast, without sauce. Although I think that McFeast is unique for the Nordic countries.

Zap -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (4/1/2017 9:08:39 PM)

I never saw it in an American Mac restaurant. Is it a fish sandwich?

Orm -> RE: McDonalds round the world. (4/1/2017 9:17:36 PM)

McFeast is a hamburger made for the Swedish MCDonalds in the 80's and has remained since. The other Nordic countries later on introduced it as well. I do think it remains exclusive to the Nordic countries.

[image]local://upfiles/29130/C7DFD9B8137E4E49BBAADCA1EF2B4935.jpg[/image]
McFeast

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI