WIP and WIPAD (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

83Reforger -> WIP and WIPAD (3/31/2017 12:24:49 AM)

I own WIP and now realize I should've purchased WIPAD... only because I think I can actually build scenarios in the Admirals edition....Please tell me if I'm wrong or not.

rustysi -> RE: WIP and WIPAD (3/31/2017 12:37:29 AM)

quote:

WIPAD

I'd say you mean WitP-AE. Whether you are wrong or not depends upon you. AE has so much more depth and complexity than WitP. If you want to deal with that than AE is your choice. If not stay away, you won't be happy. The game has a real 'learning cliff', which is not insurmountable, but it takes time and effort to rise above. That said the rewards are there for those who seek and enjoy them.

MakeeLearn -> RE: WIP and WIPAD (3/31/2017 1:01:37 AM)

Yes with WitPAE you can design your own scenarios. You can even mod the ships and planes. This is done thru the game's editor. Checkout the modding forum.

83Reforger -> RE: WIP and WIPAD (3/31/2017 1:14:00 AM)

Awesome... This forum is by far the best I've ever encountered. Knowledgeable folks, quick responses. The scenario design stuff is what I wanted, I'll be making a purchase soon.

obvert -> RE: WIP and WIPAD (3/31/2017 8:03:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stonewalled

Awesome... This forum is by far the best I've ever encountered. Knowledgeable folks, quick responses. The scenario design stuff is what I wanted, I'll be making a purchase soon.

Yep. And there is a whole continent of folks who spend a lot of time helping each other design and modify scenarios, ongoing.

Also, check out the DBB (Da Big Babes) website for scenarios created by some of the original design team that have expanded and created more representational historical models for supply, troops movement with stacking limits, and modified many other aspects of game play.

It's a good community, and just keeps on chugging ahead.

Revthought -> RE: WIP and WIPAD (3/31/2017 2:26:50 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Stonewalled

I own WIP and now realize I should've purchased WIPAD... only because I think I can actually build scenarios in the Admirals edition....Please tell me if I'm wrong or not.

If this purchase was recent, I'd submit a ticket to Matrix CS. Strangely, for a digital distributor of video games, they've always been awesome.

In any case, if you're just asking for advice, AE is the way to go. :D

Sardaukar -> RE: WIP and WIPAD (3/31/2017 3:55:56 PM)

Not to mention one of the most helpful player community.

If you ask questions, you'll get answers. Apart from some disagreements, people have been nice to each other, maybe because WitP-AE players tend to be more mature.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI