Interface Issues When Switching Windows (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support

davidshq -> Interface Issues When Switching Windows (4/3/2017 1:12:43 AM)

Hi Folks,

So, I like to play a turn and then do some stuff, play a turn, do some stuff. A lot of times I'll write an email, read an article, etc. while the AI takes its turn.

I had something weird happen when I was switching back and forth between SC and the regular desktop. I don't have much data to provide, but figured I'd mention it in case anyone else has experienced similar.

Basically, at first, there was no problem with switching back and forth, but as time went on the interface didn't respond to clicks and then after a number of clicks and sometimes minimizing and reopening the window, the interface would work...but then it completely stopped working.

It was only at this point that I noticed that while I had told the game I did want to invade Norway and Denmark it hadn't ever done it! Weird!

Anyways, if it happens again I'll try to provide a more detailed report...as I realize this one is probably useless for actual bug hunting. :)

Dave

n0kn0k -> RE: Interface Issues When Switching Windows (4/3/2017 1:15:28 PM)

The freezing happened a few times during beta but was fixed I believe. The event bug I don't recognize.

davidshq -> RE: Interface Issues When Switching Windows (4/5/2017 11:29:17 PM)

So it happened again. I'm running the latest release (1.03) and this time it happened fairly quickly.

I had the game running in the background (AI turn) and was browsing the web using Chrome. I heard a "ding" noise and went back over to SC.

It was my turn, but I couldn't click on anything...clicking on anything makes the same ding noise.

I suspect this may be related to a window issue - e.g., that a message window is surfacing (e.g. telling me something happened or perhaps new units are available) - and that the window is then becoming "invisible" but still in focus...so I'm unable to click on anything else until I close out the invisible window.

But that is just a guess as to what is happening.

Music continues to play, interface repaints completely - e.g., its not like "hey, I froze" in the usual sense that games freeze and stop repainting themselves.

Help! :)

Thanks,
Dave

davidshq -> RE: Interface Issues When Switching Windows (4/5/2017 11:33:46 PM)

Ooohh, now I reloaded it and started to load a game but realized I had loaded the wrong button and pressed the escape key and it displayed the following error:

FAILED(draw_background_to_buffer_dc):

And then it closed out completely.

It appears that this is not the first time this error has surfaced, see Delta91's post in this thread back in December 2016:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4200001

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Interface Issues When Switching Windows (4/6/2017 2:17:29 AM)

Often I am doing something else and then hear the ding, usually when I maximize SC3 it does appear to be locked up. If I click nothing happens, but if I hit Esc the game then starts to run all of its 'Garrison spotted in Zagreb' reports and everything is fine. It has been like this from the beginning but doesn't bother me. Maybe you are experiencing something different, though.

davidshq -> RE: Interface Issues When Switching Windows (4/6/2017 2:29:51 AM)

I have on occasion had Esc work, but in the most recent instances, even using Esc won't work. :-/ If pressing Esc would fix it, I'd be good...

Hubert Cater -> RE: Interface Issues When Switching Windows (4/6/2017 5:16:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: davidshq

Ooohh, now I reloaded it and started to load a game but realized I had loaded the wrong button and pressed the escape key and it displayed the following error:

FAILED(draw_background_to_buffer_dc):

And then it closed out completely.

It appears that this is not the first time this error has surfaced, see Delta91's post in this thread back in December 2016:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4200001

This one should be fixed now on my end.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Interface Issues When Switching Windows (4/6/2017 5:17:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: davidshq

I have on occasion had Esc work, but in the most recent instances, even using Esc won't work. :-/ If pressing Esc would fix it, I'd be good...

Thanks for the report and I'll take a look to see if I can repeat it and resolve it.

davidshq -> RE: Interface Issues When Switching Windows (4/7/2017 4:43:26 AM)

Thanks Hubert! Let me know if there is anything else I can do!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI