Manual (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

Jestre -> Manual (4/9/2017 9:43:10 PM)

If I order the boxed version do I get a printed manual or just a disk in a box?

n0kn0k -> RE: Manual (4/10/2017 4:38:35 AM)

You get a hardcover book. The disk is inside the book. There is no (game)box.
It looks awesome.

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/amazon/PDF/StrategicCommand_SP/StrategicCommand_3DManual.png[/image]

Ironclad -> RE: Manual (4/10/2017 9:35:22 AM)

Very nice,I didn't know it was a proper hardback. Pity the postal cost made it far too expensive so I carry on using my table ereader but it can be frustrating for pages to load especially when searching or browsing through.

Jestre -> RE: Manual (4/10/2017 4:36:54 PM)

Awesome, thanks.

chuftka -> RE: Manual (4/15/2017 4:02:48 PM)

So it looks like my choices today are to order the downloadable version with the 30% off sale for $28, or to go to Amazon and get the version with manual for $56 and free two day shipping, but no sale discount. Sadly it seems the shipping cost from here is still $20 for the manual, which I don't understand, since I sell heavy wargames all the time through USPS using flat rate priority for a lot less than that.

Given that the manual will effectively double the price of the game, the question is, is the paper manual worth it? Do you consult it often during play? Is it going to be rendered obsolete by patches and such?

Curious for the opinions of people who bought the paper manual. I don't need more "stuff" that just sits on the shelf for display purposes, I am trying to get rid of as much of that as possible. Is the paper manual something you use a lot?

Thanks

I haven't seen games with good paper manuals since Baldur's Gate II, and back then I used the manual a lot to look stuff up during the game.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Manual (4/15/2017 4:33:54 PM)

It's a great manual, well worth the cost. But honestly it is easier to have the pdf open and searchable. I display the manual in my bay window and am the envy of the neighborhood. I take it to waiting rooms to read whilst others are jealous.

bo -> RE: Manual (4/17/2017 1:03:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chuftka

So it looks like my choices today are to order the downloadable version with the 30% off sale for $28, or to go to Amazon and get the version with manual for $56 and free two day shipping, but no sale discount. Sadly it seems the shipping cost from here is still $20 for the manual, which I don't understand, since I sell heavy wargames all the time through USPS using flat rate priority for a lot less than that.

Given that the manual will effectively double the price of the game, the question is, is the paper manual worth it? Do you consult it often during play? Is it going to be rendered obsolete by patches and such?

Curious for the opinions of people who bought the paper manual. I don't need more "stuff" that just sits on the shelf for display purposes, I am trying to get rid of as much of that as possible. Is the paper manual something you use a lot?

Thanks

I haven't seen games with good paper manuals since Baldur's Gate II, and back then I used the manual a lot to look stuff up during the game.

Hi chuftka, first if you order the game from Amazon they might offer you their credit card and if you accept they will give you a gift certificate for $50 US which can be used against their charge for the game, which is what I did so the game will cost you about $5.99 US, with no delivery charge which is what I paid for the book and the disc which is inside of the book.

As far as the manuel goes it is very well done, and looks very professional, and I enoyed reading it then read some PDF on the computer.

Read the post 20.00 shipping? Posted started by Johnpham dated sept 17th on page 7 on the posts.

Opps forgot one thing if you use their credit card to get the $50 fifty certificate make sure you leave the prime box unchecked or you will get an annual $104.95 dollar charge like I did for being a prime customer, I talked to them and they took off the charge.

Bo

BillRunacre -> RE: Manual (4/18/2017 4:42:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

It's a great manual, well worth the cost... I display the manual in my bay window and am the envy of the neighborhood. I take it to waiting rooms to read whilst others are jealous.

[:D]

wallas -> RE: Manual (4/18/2017 5:31:49 PM)

I so wish I new this I would have loved the book and would have not purchased the digital copy of the game.

n0kn0k -> RE: Manual (4/19/2017 6:41:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wallas

I so with I new this I would have loved the book and would have not purchased the digital copy of the game.

You can buy an upgrade which only contains the book on the Matrix site!

wallas -> RE: Manual (4/19/2017 7:59:34 PM)

Cool beans thx

Jestre -> RE: Manual (4/28/2017 12:54:12 PM)

The book is literally the best rules/game guide I have ever seen. High quality combined with comprehensiveness. Only drawback is there is no index, which has sent me to the online version several times for the 'find' function.

Josh -> RE: Manual (5/1/2017 7:05:45 PM)

Well for what it's worth the cost of the manual *plus* the added cost of shipping to Holland would make this game almost twice as expensive. So I went for the digital version. I mean the added fifteen euro's for the manual/boxed version is well spent, but almost another 20 for shipping? Yikes.

Oh and the d/l is ...dreadfully slow. I've been waiting for Steam but that takes forever, usually a few Gigabytes takes a few minutes on Steam, but this here takes well over an hour. Yeah you get used to fast d/l speeds very fast.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI