How to move units to alternate setup hexes? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Tigers on the Hunt >> Tech Support

Blond_Knight -> How to move units to alternate setup hexes? (4/17/2017 8:01:00 PM)

I checked the manual and I don't understand how to move units to an alternate setup hex. For example in 'Tigers on their own'
I see the blue German setup hexes but I even if I click the name of a German unit I cant move/drag/right click/shift click it to
another hex. What am I missing?

genesismwt -> RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? (4/18/2017 1:00:35 AM)

It's not automatic that you can change the set up at start. The scenario has to be designed to allow the player to place units.

Blond_Knight -> RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? (4/18/2017 2:47:57 PM)

But why would alternate hexes be highlighted in blue if they weren't "allowed"? This is in "Tigers on their own" not an edited scenario.

UP844 -> RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? (4/18/2017 3:39:22 PM)

They might be intended for the deployment of IA-only units: they cannot be used by a human player since his forces are deployed on the map. Try opening the scenario in the Editor and see if the German OOB also includes some AI-only units.

Paullus -> RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? (4/18/2017 3:45:03 PM)

If the units are placed on map from the beginning you cannot move them to another hex. The blue hexes in Tigers on their Own are not for Human units, only for AI controlled units.
If you place the units by your own you can delete them from the map and replace them in another eligible hex. The scenario designer (me in all stock scenarios) decides if you should be able to do this or not. You can always open the scenario in the editor and change them to your own liking. [:)]

Blond_Knight -> RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? (4/18/2017 5:07:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Paullus

If the units are placed on map from the beginning you cannot move them to another hex. The blue hexes in Tigers on their Own are not for Human units, only for AI controlled units.
If you place the units by your own you can delete them from the map and replace them in another eligible hex. The scenario designer (me in all stock scenarios) decides if you should be able to do this or not. You can always open the scenario in the editor and change them to your own liking. [:)]

Ah OK. I wasn't aware there were friendly AI controlled units in that scenario. Thanks for that.

Paullus -> RE: How to move units to alternate setup hexes? (4/18/2017 8:55:36 PM)

They are only in use when AI play that side. A sort of tweak to make the scenario harder for the Russian Human player[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI