Problem starting Morning Sun scenario under Order of Battle 3.3.2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Order of Battle : World War II >> Tech Support

D King -> Problem starting Morning Sun scenario under Order of Battle 3.3.2 (4/21/2017 5:48:04 AM)

I purchased Morning Sun during Easter and successfully played the first scenario with the older version of Order of Battle without problem.

Today I purchased Kriegsmarine and had to upgrade to Order of Battle 3.3.2 in order to install Kriegsmarine module.
I opened the first scenario of Kriegsmarine without problem.

When I tried to open Morning Sun with the first scenario I get to the force purchasing screen but there are no forces visible on the map
apart from a very large infantry unit icon somewhere in centre of map. If I click purchase and try to access the purchase menu there
are no forces listed as being deployed. If I try to purchase forces and press purchase and deploy then nothing happens. The colour of the
purchase and deploy button remains white. If I select a naval unit the text colour of the purchase and deploy button changes to red and
I get message saying that there are no command points to choose naval forces for this scenario.

Looks like there is some sort of problem here.

Lukas -> RE: Problem starting Morning Sun scenario under Order of Battle 3.3.2 (4/21/2017 9:29:18 AM)

Is this from loading a saved game or starting Morning Sun fresh from the campaign screen? I just tried the latter here and it looks fine.

Can you attach an output_log.txt file?

quote:

This file sits in the <game root>\Order of Battle - WW2_Data\ folder.

For Steam, the default folder path usually is:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Order of Battle Pacific\Order of Battle - WW2_Data\

D King -> RE: Problem starting Morning Sun scenario under Order of Battle 3.3.2 (4/21/2017 1:49:03 PM)

What I've since done has been to uninstall Order of Battle WW2 and reinstalled starting from
loading Order of Battle WW2-set up release-V248. This was followed by loading
Order of Battle WW2-updatecomp-v332. At this point I tried to load the Boot Camp scenario.
No units appear on this at all. Same problem that if I go forces they are not listed down the
left side of the screen is so used to be.

Now I've loaded Order of Battle-Kriegsmarine-set up release-v330.
When I start to the first campaign scenario as single player the ships which used to be there
are now missing. There is no infantry except for an oversized infantry icon in middle of Danzig.

Prior to my uninstallation of my first attempt at installing
Order of Battle WW2-updatecomp-v332. I'd did try unload some old campaign save files
which originated prior to installing the the 332 executable file.
These seem to load properly and I had all the unit icons where they should have been.
However, if I tried to start new campaign with of the 332 version then this is where
the problems start.

Here is the output log text file as requested from the second installation attempt.

D King -> RE: Problem starting Morning Sun scenario under Order of Battle 3.3.2 (4/21/2017 1:55:49 PM)

Here are some screenshots from most recent attempt to run Kriegsmarine.
First one is the oversized infantry icon in Danzig.
Second one is the space where the missing ships should be.
Third one is the empty force listing on the left edge of screen.

D King -> RE: Problem starting Morning Sun scenario under Order of Battle 3.3.2 (4/21/2017 2:17:23 PM)

Here is some more information.

I just tried changing the map from 2D tactical map to 3D world map.
The units appear in their positions on the map under the 3D world map.
They are missing when I have the 2D tactical map set.

So I have now verified that with the 3D world map I can get the units to appear
on the set up map and for the forces to be listed down the left side of the screen.
Everything seems to be working at face value.

Problem seems related to 2D tactical map which I use successfully prior to loading the v332
upgrade.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI