Is it worth of updating (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

sgt. rokka -> Is it worth of updating (5/19/2001 7:30:00 PM)

I have this one question and I want you to answer it honestly. Is version 4.5 worth of updating to 5.1? :confused: I have 56k modem so the downloading takes time.

Huffy -> (5/19/2001 7:49:00 PM)

Hi, well...I am happy I upgraded to 5.1. With the better e-mail play and bugs fixed...I also have a 56k modem , but I used "Get Right" , and just did it while I was asleep...only took a couple days. It's up to you...but I have no regretes. ( I couldn't wait for my disc to get here.) Huffy

Mikimoto -> (5/19/2001 8:13:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by sgt. rokka: I have this one question and I want you to answer it honestly. Is version 4.5 worth of updating to 5.1? :confused: I have 56k modem so the downloading takes time.
yes!

Mark Ezra -> (5/19/2001 9:09:00 PM)

Long dl's are a pain. Why don't you just buy the Mega Campaign CD and get 5.1 plus the Desert Campaign, plus the extra goodies only found on the CD. Now that's really worth it.

nimu -> (5/19/2001 9:18:00 PM)

It took me more than 16 hours of expensive 64k connection,but it is worth!there are plenty of quality changes.But probably the best thing to do is what Mark Ezra suggested:Puchase Mega Campaign!!!!!

Warrior -> (5/19/2001 9:34:00 PM)

Hi Sarge, There is a Finn link for the download, which should help, but if you're REALLY against taking the time, one of your countrymen would probably burn a CD and mail it to you if you ask. For that matter, I will, if you want. But the mail from the USA is probably slower than downloading the game. At least the v4.5 to v5.01 update is somewhat small. I used a 56K modem to download the full game when I first got it last summer... took forever!! But I've gotten so much enjoyment out of the game that it was well worth it. (I have a DSL connection now, which is FAST, and it STILL takes a long time to download because the Matrix server only goes slightly faster than my old 56K.) Anyway, I think you'll find the upgrade is a big improvement over v4.5.

sgt. rokka -> (5/19/2001 9:53:00 PM)

Thanks. I'll download the new version.

jackssn -> (5/19/2001 10:55:00 PM)

Get the software and the new disk. The only problem I have with the game is the amount of time I spend playing it.

jpgr -> (5/20/2001 5:33:00 AM)

Cmon, Senior... youre retired! :-) George (CTI1)

Wild Bill -> (5/20/2001 12:35:00 PM)

Over 130 improvements to graphics, AI, tank combat, map features, overruns, melee, and a host of other things. Yes it is worth the effort. You will never have a complete game with the latest great features without it...Wild Bill

Les_the_Sarge_9_1 -> (5/20/2001 8:27:00 PM)

Is 5.01 better. Hmmmmmm I say Yes definitely. I have already seen and heard of flaws. So what Like 4.5 is perfect? Wait for a perfect game and you wont play the game. Thats it in a nutshell. I like the Stalingrad campaign (even though I was bummed out at my performance) Each new version offers more and delivers same. Each new version has "bugs" So what I give 5.01 2 thumbs up unconditionally.

BryanMelvin -> (5/21/2001 12:02:00 AM)

5.1 is by far the better version to play. There are a few Icon/OOB bugs that crept in but these are minor. If you see any - please let us know! :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI