The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Dimitris -> The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/4/2017 11:05:09 AM)

http://www.warfaresims.com/?p=4479

Zaslon -> RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/4/2017 11:24:15 AM)

Anxious for the release! [:)]

Dysta -> RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/4/2017 11:44:11 AM)

TOM CLANCY'S, GHOST FLEET, DEUS EX, METAL GEAR, 007, TRANSFORMERS AND CALL OF DUTY modes, combined and activated.

*Random mad scientist laugh, duration 1 hour*

Hongjian -> RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/4/2017 12:24:04 PM)

What about directed EMP/CHAMP or HPM?

Dimitris -> RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/4/2017 3:15:01 PM)

Read that paragraph again...

Cik -> RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/4/2017 4:48:40 PM)

this is going to be really neat. the aircraft damage / comm disruption features make the addition of EMP even cooler. the fact that you can really screw with the datalinking/comms of enemy units is really damn cool.

does this mean by the way that we can actually zap the enemy missile datalinks and render the enemy incapable of using any missile requiring an M-link? I'd laugh pretty hard if this resulted in a new WVR age as comms jamming/DIREMP makes everything that isn't a rugged heatseeker incredibly unreliable.

the lasers will be interesting. they have disadvantages for sure; at least in the near-term I'd never actually solely rely on them and keep at least one gun system for backup. the weather thing.. i hesitate to pin my ability to defend myself against missiles on something that can be rained out.

Dysta -> RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/4/2017 6:09:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Cik
-...at least in the near-term I'd never actually solely rely on them and keep at least one gun system for backup

Ask any soldiers about backups, they will answer 2 guns are better than 1.

The better thing is, if you had a buddy, share one of your gun to him and you two can go tag team. But ships and planes cannot share guns (turrets), and must rely on multiple backups in case of any unintended results.

Dan109 -> RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/4/2017 8:49:28 PM)

Just read up Boeing's webpage and video about the CHAMP. Holy Crap!! Well, the counter to it is RF shielding. HF microwaves are easy to attenuate. But wow, what an ass pain to have to do that to all of your weaponry's electronics. That certainly will up the ante in the high tech arms race. It might even make some armed forces (including our own) to have vac tub basic backup systems. I can imagine a confrontation with IRAN in 5 years, it would be just like desert storm, but I would think the other super powers will put serious protection around their gear considering this weapon is on the horizon.

DWReese -> RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/5/2017 12:18:07 AM)

I want mine NOW!!!!! <lol>
Doug

sfbaytf -> RE: The new features of Chains Of War: Lasers, railguns and tactical EMPs (5/5/2017 6:42:09 PM)

This is something I'm really waiting for

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI