What scenario to play second (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> The War Room

Boroda1959 -> What scenario to play second (5/7/2017 4:54:22 PM)

Hi All

Fairly new to the game and I've played the Veliki Luki tutorial scenario a couple of times. What would anyone suggest as a second scenario to try? I need to learn the ins and outs of the game a bit more before trying the full campaign. I am playing against the AI and my preference is to be Soviet. Grateful for any suggestions.

ATB

~ Chris

EwaldvonKleist -> RE: What scenario to play second (5/7/2017 5:13:46 PM)

The Demyansk is a little bit bigger than Velikije so I would play this next (you are on the offensive as soviets).
After this road to Moscow and then you should look for another newbie or an experienced player willing to teach for Multiplayers as the AI is bad at attacking.
Greetings

richter53 -> RE: What scenario to play second (5/7/2017 7:49:03 PM)

After I played the tutorial a few times I found myself asking the same question as you. A friend suggested I play the Road to Leningrad, as both Germans and Russians, multiple times trying different attack strategies and defenses. I think it's like 15 turns+. My goal as the Germans was try to capture Leningrad before mud. Then move on to Road to Smolensk and finally, Kiev. Think like Guderian and Manstein. As the Russians, you'll have to retreat utilizing every obstacles, rivers, swamps, etc to slow Germans. Move the factories east and save your admin points for 42' because you'll need them. Let me know when you're ready for PBEM game. You really learn the game playing against a live opponent.

richter53

[image]local://upfiles/45657/24CE9CD45D7D4299A44773478D1013A2.jpg[/image]

Boroda1959 -> RE: What scenario to play second (5/7/2017 7:49:58 PM)

Thanks EvK, I shall give those a whirl and then consider multiplayer. Much appreciated.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI