RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

tjhkkr -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/14/2017 4:43:23 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ginetto
I'm thinking of buying Chains of War, but I suspect it will be sold only for download and not also on DVD, as it has usually been the case with Matrix Games. If my suspicion is correct, is there a way I can download it twice for my two PCs, without paying for two games? I think so but not sure. Thanks.[&:]

Hey there,
Can you not take the .zip file or whatever format this falls into and place it on a zip drive or thumbdrive or even a CD/R and store it that way.
To MatrixGames, if I am doing something wrong, I am NOT intending to. In fact the machine I play this game on is not internet connected so I HAVE to do it this way.
Can you do that Ginetto?

Dan109 -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/14/2017 9:19:31 PM)

quote:

I'm thinking of buying Chains of War, but I suspect it will be sold only for download and not also on DVD, as it has usually been the case with Matrix Games. If my suspicion is correct, is there a way I can download it twice for my two PCs, without paying for two games? I think so but not sure. Thanks.[&:]

Well, the simple solution is to use steam. You can uninstall CoW on one PC and reinstall it on another quite easily. It will be much smaller than the full game, so it shouldn't take too long at all, when you bounce back and forth. You just need to remember to uninstall it, while online with steam, using the steam uninstaller.

Fallschirmjager -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/15/2017 1:24:35 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dan109

quote:

Well, the simple solution is to use steam. You can uninstall CoW on one PC and reinstall it on another quite easily. It will be much smaller than the full game, so it shouldn't take too long at all, when you bounce back and forth. You just need to remember to uninstall it, while online with steam, using the steam uninstaller.

With Steam the game is tied to your account. So you could in theory install the game to 100 PCs without having to uninstall first.
Steam only allows a user to be to logged into your account from one machine at a time so if you log in on one machine you will be logged out of all others.
I have not tested the '100' theory but I do currently have the game installed to 4 machines without any issue

Doctorwarthog -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/17/2017 3:57:38 PM)

So... What time tomorrow will CoW be available on Steam?

USSInchon -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/17/2017 7:18:49 PM)

quote:

quote:

I use the Steam version on two different PCs at two different locations without needing to uninstall. You just can't run them simultaneously.

1nutworld -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/17/2017 10:03:36 PM)

Just curious if the Slitherine servers are all set to handle the flood that will be taking place over the next few hours. [:D]

I have a sneaking suspicion that with a few exceptions - those who have remarked that this,(and other) DLC updates are unreasonable, most of the Command Community will be busy downloading, soon.

Before I get my copy, I just want the Developers to know their work is greatly appreciated by MOST of us, and to take a moment to say "THANK YOU".

Sniper31 -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/17/2017 10:29:01 PM)

I agree with Nutworld...THANK YOU to the Devs for all the work they KEEP doing on CMANO. Some people are never pleased, but many of us are thankful and plan on getting lots of enjoyment from CoW. It will be a very exciting day soon [:D]

Stardog765 -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 1:10:24 AM)

Tap, tap, tap. That is the sound of me tapping the desk with my credit card. Tap, tap, tap. :)~

tjhkkr -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 3:22:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Sniper31
I agree with Nutworld...THANK YOU to the Devs for all the work they KEEP doing on CMANO. Some people are never pleased, but many of us are thankful and plan on getting lots of enjoyment from CoW. It will be a very exciting day soon [:D]

Amen to the thank you!

tjhkkr -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 3:24:24 AM)

quote:

I do not think I have been this excited since having opening tickets to Revenge of the Sith...[:D]

U235 -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 3:29:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Fallschirmjager

quote:

quote:

With Steam the game is tied to your account. So you could in theory install the game to 100 PCs without having to uninstall first.
Steam only allows a user to be to logged into your account from one machine at a time so if you log in on one machine you will be logged out of all others.
I have not tested the '100' theory but I do currently have the game installed to 4 machines without any issue

Guys, buy the game on Matrix or Sitherine's web site. You'll get their key, plus with most recent titles they give you an additional Steam key. I install the steam key on my home desk top, and put other on my traveling laptop in case I'm somewhere without internet (overseas or on along flight). Steam can be picky about dynamic IP's when you travel anyway. If you buy on Steam that's the only key you get. Plus, then you can't register it on Maxtrix/Sitherine where you always have access to your serial key numbers and the installer. Good hunting.

U235 -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 3:47:32 AM)

As for EMP, in my 24 years of service I've never seen a mechanical/analog IFF, and I hear IFF comes in pretty handy in hostile airspace. There is however the standard issue non-electrical MK1 IBALL, though it has limited range and is not rated for poor weather or night conditions.[sm=00000436.gif] [:D]

Sniper31 -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 5:50:39 AM)

quote:

There is however the standard issue non-electrical MK1 IBALL, though it has limited range and is not rated for poor weather or night conditions.

In my 27 years of service in the Light Infantry, I have encountered the occasional MK1 IBALLA2 that is rated for night conditions. Now the A2 version still does not do well in inclement weather. [:D]

Zaslon -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 7:59:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nutworld

Just curious if the Slitherine servers are all set to handle the flood that will be taking place over the next few hours. [:D]

I have a sneaking suspicion that with a few exceptions - those who have remarked that this,(and other) DLC updates are unreasonable, most of the Command Community will be busy downloading, soon.

Before I get my copy, I just want the Developers to know their work is greatly appreciated by MOST of us, and to take a moment to say "THANK YOU".

For this reason, Mr Trump gave a copy of Chains of War to Putin (courtesy of NSA). This is one of the secrets that Trump shared with the Devil. They loved to play Chains of War as far I know.

Slick91 -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 12:15:15 PM)

*chough*

TO DO List for Thursday, May 18th, 2017:

1. Logged in at work (hi-speed LAN) = CHECK
2. Take credit card out of wallet = CHECK
3. Logged in to Matrix web site = CHECK
4. Buy C:CoW expansion = DONE!!!!!
[:D]

mikefolks -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 1:06:26 PM)

Downloading now!!!!!!!![:)][&o]

Eggstor -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/18/2017 1:13:17 PM)

Not on Steam yet [&:]

Edit - It's here!!![:)]

U235 -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/20/2017 10:23:51 PM)

quote:

In my 27 years of service in the Light Infantry, I have encountered the occasional MK1 IBALLA2 that is rated for night conditions. Now the A2 version still does not do well in inclement weather. [:D]

Great to SEE we're making advances![;)]

Sniper31 -> RE: Command: Chains of War Release Date Announced! (5/21/2017 12:17:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: U-235

quote:

Great to SEE we're making advances![;)]

[:D][:D]

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI