Steam Workshop Scenarios Pack (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series >> Mods and Scenarios

mikkey -> Steam Workshop Scenarios Pack (5/11/2017 9:56:43 PM)

It would be possible to create and provide for download Steam Workshop scenarios pack for no steam users? Workshop contains several very interesting scenarios that are not included in Community Scenario Pack and can not be downloaded from this site either. Thanks.

BrianinMinnie -> RE: Steam Workshop Scenarios Pack (5/11/2017 10:40:43 PM)

I second that Idea, I did join Steam once so I could access those Scenarios, but wasn't technical savvy enough to make it work and bailed.

cajunnavy -> RE: Steam Workshop Scenarios Pack (5/12/2017 12:54:27 AM)

For what it is worth I agree. A third? [:D]

C

michaelm75au -> RE: Steam Workshop Scenarios Pack (5/12/2017 12:24:43 PM)

It is relatively easy to connect to Steam.
1. Have a Steam account
2. Have the Steam client running (normally starts up with Windows)
3. Have a file 'force_steam' present in the main game folder; the other required file is 'steam_appid.txt' which should already be present.
4. Start up Command

JPFisher55 -> RE: Steam Workshop Scenarios Pack (5/12/2017 2:42:16 PM)

I tried all those steps. With the two files in my Command folder and Steam running, the game would not start due to an error
message that said Steam was not running. When I deleted the two files, I could start the game from Steam. Nothing caused my one
subscribed scenario to download to my computer.

I gave up on Steam. It seems to me to be a marketing mechanism. I don't know any other reason for the extreme difficulty for account holders
to download authors' scenarios.

I even tried registering my Command game on Steam. It would not accept my registration code that came with the original purchase of Command.

JPFisher55 -> RE: Steam Workshop Scenarios Pack (5/12/2017 3:58:37 PM)

I got Steam to work and successfully downloaded a scenario from Steam. After Step 3 in Michaelm 's post, you must go to the Slitherine website, login and get a Steam key for Command. Then you use that key (different from the key issued when you purchased the game from Matrix) to register the game on Steam. Then when you start Command, any scenario that you subscribe to on Steam downloads to the Steam Workshop folder in the Scenario folder.

Randomizer -> RE: Steam Workshop Scenarios Pack (5/12/2017 6:24:22 PM)

Some of us want nothing to do with Steam so I concur with Mikkey on making any CMANO scenarios currently available only through Steam to be downloadable for all.

-C

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI