Combat animations (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

gmtello -> Combat animations (5/19/2017 12:09:12 PM)

What are the best settings to keep combat animations in an email game but only taking 5 to 10 seconds without pressing esc? (Thanks u in advance)

BBfanboy -> RE: Combat animations (5/19/2017 8:20:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gmtello

What are the best settings to keep combat animations in an email game but only taking 5 to 10 seconds without pressing esc? (Thanks u in advance)

You can speed up the presentation of the animations by changing the delay setting for various kinds of combat (ground-ground, air-ground, air-naval, naval-naval, ASW, etc.) Go to the game preferences button near the upper left corner of the game screen to find these.
I use 0.5 seconds for each message because 1.0 seems too slow and 0.1 is to fast to read.

If the combat being presented is not worth watching I still use the ESC key to move on.

Some people use the "-noFire" switch (not sure if I got the syntax right) in the game shortcut properties to remove the fire effects from the animations and make it go faster.

HansBolter -> RE: Combat animations (5/19/2017 8:44:38 PM)

1.0 isn't certainly NOT too slow.

I set mine to 1.0 to even have a chance of gleaning what the reports states before it disappears.

I use escape to shorten most air to ground bombardments and some unimportant ground battles.

I want every nuance of info from important ground battles, naval surface battles and air attacks on ships and never escape out of them.

crsutton -> RE: Combat animations (5/20/2017 5:28:12 PM)

Yep, play the game for a decade and you will hit the esc button 95% of the time anyways.[;)]

rustysi -> RE: Combat animations (5/22/2017 8:41:22 PM)

Doesn't hitting the 'esc' button invoke the 'sync bug' in PBEM?

btd64 -> RE: Combat animations (5/22/2017 8:44:31 PM)

Hasn't caused any problems here....GP

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI