An appeal for help Hubert? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

CSSS -> An appeal for help Hubert? (5/19/2017 4:51:31 PM)

Hubert,
I have been with you since SC1, I have bought and played all of your fine games and the excellent player mods from the ardent group of players.Also many lively debates also my player name both on Battlefront and Matrix is CSS. On April 7th I had A Stroke, that leave me able to type with my left index finer.
I have an issue with not being able to play a PBEM game because the game does not accept my three digit player name. I have filed several tickets, and have gotten not even logical responses. I cannot drive, and my life would be much better ,if I can get this issue resoled.Attached below is my lastest reponse to
the hel desk.
When I uuser name, Then LOGON button does not light up. Because I had a Stroke ,when typing in my logon, i accidently hit another letter with my hand, and the logon lighted up. I know my official name does not have four digits. but the program does not regognize mt sign on name CSS, it does not light up the sign on tab. Yet by accident it does light up if a forth digit is added which is not my sign on name.
Do you know, what a stroke is.? I am hardly able to walk, or talk,my right arm, is mostly useless. I can not drive for many months yet. It is the5th killer in the U.S. To be Ble to play an email game, would rreally help me right now. I have to type all of this with my left index finger.
My name is , the games pbem system, only lights up if a forth digit is added on my name, i know my name has only three digits!!!!!W

n0kn0k -> RE: An appeal for help Hubert? (5/19/2017 6:24:41 PM)

I've forwarded this to Hubert. Good luck with your recovery.

zakblood -> RE: An appeal for help Hubert? (5/19/2017 6:44:27 PM)

developer may not be able to help, so passed it onto someone who will

eg he won't be able to alter it on the server side, but admin and support staff will be able to i'm sure, so good luck and sorry for your health and troubles [:(]

Hubert Cater -> RE: An appeal for help Hubert? (5/19/2017 8:02:04 PM)

Hi CSS,

Thanks n0k0k and Zakblood and yes currently this is a PBEM++ server side limitation in that the login name needs to be 4 characters at a minimum, so essentially outside of my current control.

Perhaps one option might be to create a new login for the Matrix Forums with 4 characters (doesn't need to be the one you use at the forums, and just for PBEM++) and this would resolve the issue for you?

This might not work if your serial number is already associated with your current log in, but if it has not yet been associated (because you haven't logged into the PBEM++ system yet with this particular game serial) then it should in theory do the trick.

Other than that I'm sincerely sorry to hear about your stroke and your current health status as a result.

If there is anything else I can do please do not hesitate to ask,
Hubert

CSSS -> RE: An appeal for help Hubert? (5/19/2017 10:15:00 PM)

Thank you all so much, I am very fortunate to still be here, and it is a testament to great engineering that the SC series is still such a strong genre, that while struggling to relearn
basic life function that it remains one of the things, I can fully enjoy. I am glad to see that I need a 4 digit name to do PBEM. I have the 3 digit name since 2004, and yes the game is registered to that name. I will go back to the support desk, or buy a new one and create a new matrix I. D. to be able to play. Thank you all again for the help. Despite the severity of my stroke,I had never been over night in a hospital before. But compared to 90+% of the cases I see,I got off with very little cognitive loss.

xwormwood -> RE: An appeal for help Hubert? (5/20/2017 12:08:57 AM)

All the best for you, CSS!

sPzAbt653 -> RE: An appeal for help Hubert? (5/20/2017 3:53:20 AM)

Wishing the best for you in your recovery efforts. Get that middle finger working soon !

BillRunacre -> RE: An appeal for help Hubert? (5/22/2017 2:43:10 PM)

Sorry to hear this CSS, I hope you get better soon and get this issue resolved too. [:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI