Malta effect continues after conquest (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

KorutZelva -> Malta effect continues after conquest (5/23/2017 12:43:27 PM)

Doing a AI german- human Italy run again.

I just taken Malta as the italian however on the next turn I still got the event that reduces supply.

====

More comments. Is it possible that the AI can use it's pool of money to buy unit from a different country? Sometimes a destroyed italian unit would be rebought without my intervention. I don't think the AI is buying it with Italian money because I would have noticed a 150 mpp dip...

====

I noticed that if I didn't place a unit that was completed the AI would place it automatically at the end of the turn. Is it a feature or it's my ally AI that jumped into action when I have units to place?

====

Is there an event to reduce ally supplies if the Axis holds gilbratar? What's the odds of it happening? I played a few games and I never seen one fire.

vonik -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/23/2017 2:42:37 PM)

- Are you sure that you put a unit in Malta once it was destroyed ? Even in this case it is possible that the effect stops only the next turn .
- Never seen that .
- Probably your ally AI
- No . Zero . However if you get Spain in Axis you can take Gibraltar and the Mediterranean is then closed for any Allied traffic .

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/23/2017 4:19:16 PM)

There is a Supply event - Axis Control Of Gibraltar Hinders Allied Supply In the Mediterranean

25% chance per turn when the Axis holds Gibraltar.

KorutZelva -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/23/2017 5:08:17 PM)

I figured there was an event. I was suspicious when it wasn't firing, ever. I wonder if having AI allies are playing screw up on those supply events because with Malta still firing after I occupy it and the Gibraltar one not firing after being occupied by my ally, something is afoot it would seem.

YohanTM2 -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/23/2017 7:25:58 PM)

I've never seen that event and I've taken Malta quite a few times

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

There is a Supply event - Axis Control Of Gibraltar Hinders Allied Supply In the Mediterranean

25% chance per turn when the Axis holds Gibraltar.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/23/2017 9:19:16 PM)

Well, you'd have to take Gibraltar to see it, lol.

I have seen it, but it only triggers 25% of the time.

KorutZelva -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/24/2017 12:27:59 AM)

hum... I have played years without it firing once.

I bet its not working as intended.

KorutZelva -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/24/2017 3:07:59 AM)

Anyhoo... anyone wants the save file to have a look at it?

Hubert Cater -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/24/2017 3:39:49 AM)

quote:

More comments. Is it possible that the AI can use it's pool of money to buy unit from a different country? Sometimes a destroyed italian unit would be rebought without my intervention. I don't think the AI is buying it with Italian money because I would have noticed a 150 mpp dip...

This looks to be a bug where due to having friendly controlled AI units set in game, and then during the sequence of purchasing '*' units, these units would also be bought for your own friendly major countries and with your own MPPs.

Probably not noticeable as it looked to only happen with '*' units and so it would be at a reduced amount/cost so perhaps not as easily caught as a bug until now.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/24/2017 3:40:24 AM)

quote:

I noticed that if I didn't place a unit that was completed the AI would place it automatically at the end of the turn. Is it a feature or it's my ally AI that jumped into action when I have units to place?

Similar bug for similar reasons as posted above... consider both of these fixed for the next update.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/24/2017 3:41:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

Anyhoo... anyone wants the save file to have a look at it?

Yes, please send me the saved file regarding the Gibraltar concern/issue and I'd be happy to take a look.

Send to support@furysoftware.com

Thanks,
Hubert

KorutZelva -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/24/2017 3:33:53 PM)

done.

Mostly for the malta thing. if you bring the last turn news you'll see that the malta supply event fired despite my corp sitting on the island.

thanks

YohanTM2 -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/24/2017 4:24:55 PM)

LOL!

And done that too and same - never seen it

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Well, you'd have to take Gibraltar to see it, lol.

I have seen it, but it only triggers 25% of the time.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/24/2017 4:57:49 PM)

Thanks for the file and unfortunately when I load the turn I don't receive any messages when I press 'L' for the last turn news.

KorutZelva -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/24/2017 5:56:09 PM)

Sent you the autosave turn, which should pop-up as advertised.

Little advice for other forum readers, Hubert confirmed that the gilbratar event only fires from stationed italian and german unit. Not spanish or any axis-minor.

So as the Allies if franco locks it down for you, you're in luck. :) Until the next patch at least...

Leadwieght -> RE: Malta effect continues after conquest (5/25/2017 11:41:48 AM)

Thanks for the clarification re. the Gib effect. I too have taken it a few times and never seen Allied supply suffer, because I usually pop a Spanish corps or Garrison in there. It really should be fixed so that ANY Axis unit has the chance of causing Allied supply to suffer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI