Stolen Credit Card Number (Full Version)

All Forums >> [General] >> General Discussion

GaPete_slith -> Stolen Credit Card Number (5/23/2017 8:35:46 PM)

I recently had two charges show up on my credit card, one from Matrix Games and the other from Steam. I did not make either transaction. I need to talk with someone from Matrix about this, one was set up as a recurring charge. I have looked and cannot find any number or email. I am a regular customer here, I would like to discuss this with someone.

VPaulus -> RE: Stolen Credit Card Number (5/23/2017 8:48:22 PM)

We don't have recurring charges.
Please open a helpdesk ticket at:
http://www.matrixgames.com/helpdesk/

Yogi the Great -> RE: Stolen Credit Card Number (5/23/2017 9:52:13 PM)

I'd call your credit card company. I had a problem a few years back started with some small charges to Steam and then advanced to larger charges to other places in a few states. Luckily for me my credit card company didn't think it looked right and called me. Good chance if you are a Steam customer that may be where it was hacked or obtained in some way.

Chickenboy -> RE: Stolen Credit Card Number (5/23/2017 10:03:31 PM)

We had a number of fraudulent charges on one of our credit cards last summer, culminating in two massive "Hotels.com" charges. In going through the history, a $1.00 charge to "Walmart.com" presaged the fraudulent charges (we didn't make that one either).

The credit card company stated that some folks will try to push through a trivial charge to a big website in the hopes that it gets lost in the fog. Once they don't get 'called' on the small charge then they drive a truck through it and push the big ticket fraudulent charges through shortly thereafter.

Yogi is right. Call the CC company immediately and suspend your account.

GaPete_slith -> RE: Stolen Credit Card Number (5/24/2017 12:40:14 AM)

VPaulis, thank you for responding. I did not think you had any such thing which is why I finally decided to contact you. I had gone to the help desk but the first thing it wants is a title name, and this isn't about anything I bought. I'll go ahead and open a ticket.

Rising-Sun -> RE: Stolen Credit Card Number (5/24/2017 6:52:43 AM)

I ordered something awhile back, my bank called me and told me I had double charge too and of course I didn't have enough to cover it twice. Had no ideas how that happen.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI