How do I move something up in the research queue? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series

SeanThornton -> How do I move something up in the research queue? (5/30/2017 3:21:05 AM)

OK, I need to move an item up in the queue (it's currently the 6th item queued, I want to move it to 1st), and I don't want to cancel everything I have queued, and then have to remember what they are and what order they're in. Isn't there a simple way to just move at item up in the queue, and keep doing that til I get it where I want?

RemoteLeg -> RE: How do I move something up in the research queue? (5/30/2017 4:24:28 AM)

The way I do it is this:
- let's say my item is number 6 and I want it to be number 1
- cancel number 1 then immediately resubmit it: right-click then immediately left-click
- everything moves up one space - my item is #5 and the old #1 is now #6
- cancel the new number 1 then immediately resubmit it
- everything moves up one space - my item is now #4 and the recent #1 is now #6
... you get the idea

It sounds complicated, but it's very simple and takes little effort to get my item into the #1 spot. Best of all, I don't need to remember the order of the previous items.

Kothyxaan -> RE: How do I move something up in the research queue? (5/30/2017 11:05:15 AM)

Thats pretty handy. I was looking for something similar a couple of days ago. Could have let me know sooner though! I had to restart a game[:-]
Nah, cheers man, good to know :)

Aeson -> RE: How do I move something up in the research queue? (5/30/2017 11:26:19 AM)

Just be aware that if you cancel research on a tech which is a prerequisite for other techs in your research queue, all of the things for which it was a prerequisite will also be cancelled.

SeanThornton -> RE: How do I move something up in the research queue? (5/30/2017 11:58:21 AM)

Thanks. Not a perfect option, but very good (except for situations like Aeson mentions, which isn't an unlikely case).

Follow-up question: If I cancel/resubmit the current tech, and it's 90% complete, do I lose all that research when it become the top of the list again?

RemoteLeg -> RE: How do I move something up in the research queue? (5/30/2017 1:41:57 PM)

Nope - you keep all the research you've already completed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI