New Patch old games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support

Amadeus -> New Patch old games (6/6/2017 5:15:38 PM)

Unfortunately, I could not start my old games 1.03 under 1.04 condition nor starting PBEM under 1.03 conditions. So, I surrender my games but I am not happy about that issues.

[image]local://upfiles/16277/F2950A485B464E25AFC2187E5DD316FE.jpg[/image]

btw. Is there any chance to inform my opponent that we finish. Cannot find the name in the forum.

Hubert Cater -> RE: New Patch old games (6/6/2017 5:50:55 PM)

Hi Amadeus,

This is a surprise as this should not have been the case as we wanted to ensure forward compatibility with v1.04. Could you tell me what the error message was and why you could not load the games in progress for PBEM++ with this latest update?

Hubert

igym -> RE: New Patch old games (6/6/2017 7:44:58 PM)

Dear Hubert,

I was able to update to v.1.04. However, when trying to load a game in progress for PBEM++ (started with v.1.03), I get an error message just after an apparent correct downloading and unpacking - "could not get nnnnn.dat", where nnnnn is a five digit number. This message is consistently shown in all pending games in progress.
I would appreciate if you could help us with this (I fear I am not the only one).
Many thanks,
Ignacio.

igym -> RE: New Patch old games (6/6/2017 9:40:54 PM)

Dear all,

Just to inform you that the problem disappeared after installing the game through Steam.
Regards,

Hubert Cater -> RE: New Patch old games (6/6/2017 9:41:31 PM)

Gentlemen,

Please try the hotfix with instructions found here as this should resolve the issue:

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4295768&mpage=1&key=�

Hubert

Hubert Cater -> RE: New Patch old games (6/6/2017 9:42:27 PM)

Amadeus, I will ask tech support if they can re-activate those games that you surrendered for so that you can get back up and running.

Apologies for the trouble as this was an oversight that never came up during Beta testing of the latest update.

Hubert

Amadeus -> RE: New Patch old games (6/7/2017 4:49:56 AM)

OK, not a serious problem but I will wait. btw. same problem like igym

PGtomli -> RE: New Patch old games (6/7/2017 5:04:05 AM)

Hi Hubert,

I'm having a problem in my game ID 77491 (Operation Barbarossa, game version 1.03). I just installed v 1.04 and after starting the game without any problems I encountered that right-clicking on a unit does not bring up the quick menu. So I can't re-supply my units or perform any other actions that are only available through the quick menu. Not sure if anyone else has encountered the same issue. Is there a fix for this or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Tomas

Amadeus -> RE: New Patch old games (6/7/2017 5:19:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: igym

Dear all,

Just to inform you that the problem disappeared after installing the game through Steam.
Regards,

quote:

could not get nnnnn.dat

Means that when deinstalling the whole game and installing fresh via Steam (with new license code) everything will be fine?

igym -> RE: New Patch old games (6/7/2017 10:01:27 AM)

It worked in my case, yes.

Hubert Cater -> RE: New Patch old games (6/7/2017 1:49:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PGtomli

Hi Hubert,

I'm having a problem in my game ID 77491 (Operation Barbarossa, game version 1.03). I just installed v 1.04 and after starting the game without any problems I encountered that right-clicking on a unit does not bring up the quick menu. So I can't re-supply my units or perform any other actions that are only available through the quick menu. Not sure if anyone else has encountered the same issue. Is there a fix for this or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Tomas

Hi PGtomli,

To re-enable this, simply go to OPTIONS->ADVANCED and then enable the 'Right Click Unit Action Menu' option.

Hope this helps,
Hubert

Hubert Cater -> RE: New Patch old games (6/7/2017 2:18:04 PM)

Hi Amadeus,

Let me know if the hotfix has helped?

Hubert

Amadeus -> RE: New Patch old games (6/7/2017 4:52:16 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Hi Amadeus,

Let me know if the hotfix has helped?

Hubert

Yes and no. It seems to be OK now but I already surrender my 2 current games. So I have to starting new. I hope that not too many updates are following now. I just want to play MP to the end ;-). Thank you for your work anyway. I appreciate that very much. You guys are very customer fiendly!!

[image]local://upfiles/16277/50B423FD3D4B4621BA21066324E07FE5.jpg[/image]

Hubert Cater -> RE: New Patch old games (6/7/2017 6:18:09 PM)

Glad to hear we are almost there... I'll see if we can get your games working again, can you send me the ChallengeID numbers for the games you'd like to reverse your 'Resignation' from?

This info can be found by mouse overing the games and it will provide the ChallengeID numbers in the tool tip.

Amadeus -> RE: New Patch old games (6/8/2017 3:42:58 PM)

Sure, here it is:

Challenge ID 77284
Challenge ID 76970

Hubert Cater -> RE: New Patch old games (6/8/2017 4:54:00 PM)

Tech support rolled back the turns, hopefully this does the trick for you but if not I don't think there is more that they can do unfortunately.

Amadeus -> RE: New Patch old games (6/9/2017 2:08:53 PM)

The only change I can see is that the language for both matches changed again. But it stayed unplayable. Thanks anyway.

[image]local://upfiles/16277/33375D3AB619475CA2F3F8CB749FE547.jpg[/image]

Hubert Cater -> RE: New Patch old games (6/9/2017 2:22:36 PM)

Sorry to hear this and I can manually adjust the language setting for the games again so that they show the correct flags, but probably no reason to if the games remain unplayable.

Sincerest apologies again for the hiccup and if something similar ever occurs again please don't hesitate to contact me directly as we usually have a few options before a full resignation which is apparently difficult to come back from on the PBEM++ server.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI