spotting of enemy artillery (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Flashpoint Campaigns Series

stasv -> spotting of enemy artillery (6/11/2017 2:13:04 PM)

1. As I recoll in the very early version of the game we could sometimes spot enemy artillery units like the way we now are getting informed about an enemy staff unit- a message window shows up that says there is enemy in the hex and so on. Or I am mistaken? If I am not wrong why it never happens now? I guess it is much easier to spot a battery of cannons than a staff.

2. How to use vehicles like SNAR10? They were in one scenario but I didnt get what to do.

CapnDarwin -> RE: spotting of enemy artillery (6/11/2017 3:05:21 PM)

For #1 there are dialog boxes that come up on occasions stating off-map arty losses or counter battery use. For the on-map I don't remember off the top of my head. You can set on-map arty to counter-battery on-map assets. I'll have to ask the rest of the crew on that.

For #2, there are some vehicles like the SNAR-10 that are recon with ground search radars. That is a function that is not active in the game engine yet. They function as normal recon right now.

stasv -> RE: spotting of enemy artillery (6/11/2017 3:29:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Capn Darwin

For the on-map I don't remember off the top of my head.

Yeah, I'm saying about this. Before there were dialog boxes too, but last two patch (at least) there were nothing for onmap, and C-B fire works only for off map units, it doesnt react to on map batteries!

Panzer_Leader -> RE: spotting of enemy artillery (6/12/2017 6:41:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: stasv

Yeah, I'm saying about this. Before there were dialog boxes too, but last two patch (at least) there were nothing for onmap, and C-B fire works only for off map units, it doesnt react to on map batteries!

Good point. I noticed this in mission #2 of the GE Schoolteacher campaign, which I'm just finishing. I had the M110 battery set to counter-battery and it never detected and fired a counter-battery mission, which I thought was odd but put down to rolls of the dice going against me. Perhaps it's more fundamental and related to the latest patch(es)?

CapnDarwin -> RE: spotting of enemy artillery (6/12/2017 11:41:20 PM)

Rob and I will be chatting at Origins and can look into this more.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI