Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

Searry -> Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 (6/11/2017 7:58:00 PM)

I have a really hard time nearing turn 10 in keeping a continuous front. The German players just seem to bypass my defences and find another route in the race for Moscow or in the steppes of the south. I can think what the extra 10 divisions could have done to help me since the first HQ assignment is always free. Should I start pumping out divisions now every turn?
Next one is turn 8 I think.

sillyflower -> RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 (6/12/2017 6:37:27 AM)

APs are better spent on getting command structure sorted out. Paying double price for new divs is a waste of APs especially as the destroyed ones come back apart from ones you can't build anyway.

Stelteck -> RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 (6/12/2017 7:15:30 AM)

You will lack men to fill new divisions and without proper training and replacement, divisions have no combat value and will rout at the first sight of panzers.

What do to with AP :
- Choose good leaders for critical armies and fronts.
- Create the support units you will attached to your cavalry corps in december. (Mostly sapper regiments).
- Switch troops in/out armies. I'am moving troops inside and outside armies all the time especially when i want to attack. A counter attack on a german unit can cost me 10 AP because i try to put all attacking divisions under the same good command and i try to not overload armies and fronts to gain maximum leadership bonus.
- Create a good panel of support units for your fighting armies.
- Disband useless stuff.
- Create tactical bombers air squadron. Tactical bombers are far more efficient than level bombers to support your fighting troops and cause damage but you start with few air squads.
- Create UVS air squadron if you are a UVS enthousiast. (But only if you are).
- Sometimes you can built fortified zone to prepare building fortification in advance especially in key cities. (Attach a sapper or construction unit to the fortified zone to start building, fortified zone alone have little construction value).

Searry -> RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 (6/12/2017 2:50:03 PM)

So is there a manual reference how to build the guard units and others in '42 or has that been changed as well?

Telemecus -> RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 (6/12/2017 2:56:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Searry

So is there a manual reference how to build the guard units and others in '42 or has that been changed as well?

You may want to look at the patch notes - if it is not in the manual usually it is there.

Searry -> RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 (6/12/2017 2:57:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

You may want to look at the patch notes - if it is not in the manual usually it is there.

There's a lot of patch notes to read. I hope they haven't changed a lot.

Telemecus -> RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 (6/12/2017 2:59:27 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Telemecus

quote:

There's a lot of patch notes to read. I hope they haven't changed a lot.

You're right - and the nature of patch notes is they are not user friendly. The game is always far ahead of the latest updated manual unfortunately.

Stelteck -> RE: Am I supposed to spend AP on divisions in '41 (6/12/2017 3:02:51 PM)

quote:

Guard units are free you only have to be touched by the holy hand of stalin. (Winning battle help getting his full attention).
Others (corps, etc...) are in the manual (unit builtup).

Chapter :
7.5.3.Combat Unit Buildup, Breakdown and Merging

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI