Fixing Damaged Units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Rover -> Fixing Damaged Units (5/23/2001 2:49:00 AM)

I didn't see anything about this in the rules and haven't stayed up on the forum so perhaps this has already come up... my apologies if it has. Been playing 5.01 in the WWII campaign as Germany. After each game I go to the fix the damaged and destroyed units screen to do just that. Interesting thing I've noticed is the only time I get charged for something is when a unit is destroyed and needs to be rebuilt. Damaged units cost nothing to fix. It would seem the game would want to charge some % based on amount of damage to be fixed. Is this "free of charge" feature for damaged units correct? Thanks, R

lnp4668 -> (5/23/2001 3:19:00 AM)

Yes. So when my infantry is in danger of being wipe out, I pull them out. If my tank is damage and about to be overun, I bail the infantry. Surviving units gets more experienced and become better. It is probably more realistic for repair cost. Just don't know if the game engine could handle it.

john g -> (5/23/2001 3:27:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Rover: I didn't see anything about this in the rules and haven't stayed up on the forum so perhaps this has already come up... my apologies if it has. Been playing 5.01 in the WWII campaign as Germany. After each game I go to the fix the damaged and destroyed units screen to do just that. Interesting thing I've noticed is the only time I get charged for something is when a unit is destroyed and needs to be rebuilt. Damaged units cost nothing to fix. It would seem the game would want to charge some % based on amount of damage to be fixed. Is this "free of charge" feature for damaged units correct? Thanks, R
I thought it was something like .1 per man for casualties in units that took fire but were not destroyed. Paul V stated something to the effect that all casualties are not dead men, they could be wounded and return to duty, or they could be troops that are just cowering on the battlefield, not responding to orders but not dead unless an NKVD unit happens upon them. thanks, John.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI