Official patch download FTP site not working (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

GeorgePatton -> Official patch download FTP site not working (8/6/2017 3:09:44 PM)

Hi all,

I'm trying to download the last official patch that Matrix released back in 2016 but the site doesn't respond.

Did the FTP server that stores the files down or did it get moved to a new address?

Or does anyone know if I can install the latest Beta patch directly instead?

My PC crashed so I had to reinstall the original disc with the 1.008 version that came with the game.

Thanks

Phil

BillBrown -> RE: Official patch download FTP site not working (8/6/2017 5:55:58 PM)

I just went and downloaded it with no problem.

What error are you getting?

No, you can not install the beta patch directly, it is only an .exe upgrade.

rustysi -> RE: Official patch download FTP site not working (8/6/2017 10:25:03 PM)

And remember you need to download the latest 'official patch' first.

GeorgePatton -> RE: Official patch download FTP site not working (8/6/2017 10:33:43 PM)

I'm still gettting the message "Site can't be reached. ftp.matrixgames.com took too long to respond". Here is the screenshot.

I also logged in as a member in order to be able to download patches.

I also tried other games and can't download anything.

[image]local://upfiles/15483/A629A156B780425EA17C3D9BDFBDCA66.jpg[/image]

BillBrown -> RE: Official patch download FTP site not working (8/6/2017 10:39:48 PM)

My download is not ftp, maybe that is the problem.

GeorgePatton -> RE: Official patch download FTP site not working (8/6/2017 11:01:05 PM)

Thanks Bill and Rustysi for the info.

I just went to another site and downloaded the official patch there instead.

The updater to WITP Admirals edition didn't work either.

Oh well.

I'll now install the beta patch.

CaptDave -> RE: Official patch download FTP site not working (8/7/2017 12:07:58 AM)

Sounds like you're running on a new machine. If so, it might be a firewall issue.

Korvar -> RE: Official patch download FTP site not working (8/7/2017 12:48:11 AM)

That download URL shown above does not appear to be correct.

Make sure you log into the Matrix Members' page (at the very top of this page in the black bar), and get the download link from the WitPAE registered user page (you'll need to register your copy if you haven't done so already).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI