Any up to date modpacks? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Distant Worlds 1 Series >> Design and Modding

Dragnov -> Any up to date modpacks? (8/13/2017 6:41:07 PM)

Hello there, I have just recently picked up Distant Worlds.

Does anyone have recommendation which modpack is up to date (ver 1.9.5.12)?

Tried the DW Extended but I seem to be missing icons, not like I can see what game version it was made for.

Hopefully someone is still alive on this forum :D

Retreat1970 -> RE: Any up to date modpacks? (8/13/2017 8:56:37 PM)

Most should be fine. The last patch came out two years ago. Try AI Improvement mod. It has DW Extended in it.

Dragnov -> RE: Any up to date modpacks? (8/16/2017 6:29:25 AM)

Thanks, Retreat! I will give it a swing.

Rosbjerg -> RE: Any up to date modpacks? (8/16/2017 9:01:15 AM)

Not to tout my own horn, but you're welcome to check out my mod. A human only galaxy and overhaul of research, game speed etc.
Link in sig.

Otherwise, there are plenty of great additions in the stickied thread DW Universe Compatible Mod List: http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3668624

Capshades -> RE: Any up to date modpacks? (8/16/2017 11:33:19 PM)

Yeah with this game the "full conversions" are often the best, like his human mod, or the star trek mod.

Dragnov -> RE: Any up to date modpacks? (8/18/2017 9:13:36 PM)

Thanks again guys, I gave Icemania's AI Improvement a go. Game seemed too easy on hard (I vastly outpaced other empires despite it being my first game...?) so I am restarting on very hard, now with Osito's Research Unleashed.

It nerfs the warp speeds, which bugged me a bit - I actually loved the pre-warp phase the most, watching my system economy getting set up and travel back and forth, then painstakingly slow exploration with first warp drive... until I realized that warp drive two techs down the line increased it to crazy speeds and everyone ended up zoom-zooming around :P

RogerBacon -> RE: Any up to date modpacks? (8/19/2017 1:46:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragnov

I actually loved the pre-warp phase the most, watching my system economy getting set up and travel back and forth, then painstakingly slow exploration with first warp drive...

If you like the feel of the pre-warp era you might like my mod. It gives the whole game a bit of a pre-warp feel since ships have to maneuver around within systems at sub-light speeds (for much of the game).
Just a thought since you are looking for mods to use.

Dragnov -> RE: Any up to date modpacks? (8/24/2017 6:06:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RogerBacon

If you like the feel of the pre-warp era you might like my mod. It gives the whole game a bit of a pre-warp feel since ships have to maneuver around within systems at sub-light speeds (for much of the game).
Just a thought since you are looking for mods to use.

Hey Roger, is your mod compatible with Unleashed Tech?

RogerBacon -> RE: Any up to date modpacks? (8/24/2017 9:57:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dragnov

Hey Roger, is your mod compatible with Unleashed Tech?

It should be. Give it a try and let me know.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI