Naval unit transfers between seas (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe

Hairog -> Naval unit transfers between seas (8/17/2017 10:09:02 PM)

I just discovered that I have never used the transfer hexes between the different oceans and seas. I put my units in the hex and nothing happens far after the 4 turns or whatever wait period is required. I've searched the forums and can't seem find it in the manual. Probably not using the correct search word or words.

What else besides occupy the hexes do you have to do? I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing.

DeriKuk -> RE: Naval unit transfers between seas (8/17/2017 11:20:10 PM)

Park unit on hex. See it disappear at the end of your turn. Wait.

It should show up at the other end after several turns.

If not ... you are probably missing something.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Naval unit transfers between seas (8/18/2017 7:59:58 AM)

3.1.23. Loop

Bmorgan077 -> RE: Naval unit transfers between seas (8/18/2017 10:06:30 AM)

you often get a message like "do you want these ships to pass through?". maybe you missed this if you were not watching the turn. Just my 2.3 cents

OxfordGuy3 -> RE: Naval unit transfers between seas (8/18/2017 12:01:11 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hairog

I just discovered that I have never used the transfer hexes between the different oceans and seas. I put my units in the hex and nothing happens far after the 4 turns or whatever wait period is required. I've searched the forums and can't seem find it in the manual. Probably not using the correct search word or words.

What else besides occupy the hexes do you have to do? I'm sure it's something simple that I'm missing.

Some transfer hexes are limited to certain countries only, I think - which transfers are you trying to do and what country are your units from?

James Taylor -> RE: Naval unit transfers between seas (8/18/2017 4:43:02 PM)

I forget sometimes that this is a new publisher and forum for SC and you new guys aren't familiar with the features as us BF veterans.

I try to help, but the obvious escapes me at times. Come on guys, experiment, there's a lot going on underneath the hood of this superbly created strategic game.

It isn't all in the manual, a virtual plethora of avenues exist for your strategic ventures. The fun is in discovery.

Hairog -> RE: Naval unit transfers between seas (8/20/2017 1:08:58 AM)

Thanks for the answers everyone. I found the script. I had no idea it was a script and thought that the hexes etc. were hard coded. That's good to know for future mods.

I still have the same problem however. I've had RN ships sit for ten turns in the loop to the Persian Gulf and nothing happens. I tried in a PBEM with Bill and gave up or just forgot, I forget.

So I can't get any of them to fire in my mod and have had trouble in PBEM. I'll try a stock scenario and see if things start to happen.

Hairog -> RE: Naval unit transfers between seas (8/20/2017 1:30:27 AM)

Just ran a bunch of test in "Case Blue" and all of the hexes fired and the loops occured. Must be something wrong with my Mod. I'll track it down.

Thanks again everyone.

BillRunacre -> RE: Naval unit transfers between seas (8/20/2017 1:03:51 PM)

Hi Harry

If you compare them with ours then hopefully you'll spot a difference that will help to track it down.

Bill

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI