Political Points - not increasing (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

damdirtyape -> Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 7:19:59 PM)

I didn't see anything on political points in the forums after searching so thought I'd post this up.

I'm two months into grand campaign (silent China), playing as allies against AI (2 day turns). Was cruising along in mid Jan spending political points on changing unit HQs without any issues, but then suddenly found that I have no political points for about the last two game weeks. Each turn I'm checking expecting to have some but it's always zero.

I can't see anything in the manual about this.

Anyone have any idea as to why I'm not getting any new political points or have experienced this before?

Canoerebel -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 7:23:36 PM)

You probably have aircraft squadrons overdue for withdrawal/disbanding and/or ships overdue for withdrawal. You accrue PP pentalities when those aren't withdrawn in time. Managing withdrawals takes some getting used to and all of us had troubles with that at first.

geofflambert -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 7:29:22 PM)

Pentalities. That is to say five times alities. Never do that, that's my advice.

jwolf -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 8:04:07 PM)

I think the first ship withdrawals are late Jan or early Feb 42, and that is the most likely culprit. The easiest place IMHO to watch for these is in the I screen, under the category ship withdrawals.

Bullwinkle58 -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 8:17:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jwolf

I think the first ship withdrawals are late Jan or early Feb 42, and that is the most likely culprit. The easiest place IMHO to watch for these is in the I screen, under the category ship withdrawals.

In stock I think there's a Malaysian/RAF bomber that withdraws before Christmas 1941.

geofflambert -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 8:26:22 PM)

I always withdraw early and have yet to collect any political points for it.

btd64 -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 8:26:55 PM)

In the Intelligence Screen, down the right side you will see headers that say group withdrawal, ship withdrawal. Look there for overdue air groups and ships. They will be red....GP

geofflambert -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 8:31:44 PM)

I get no respect. I post a perfectly good joke and nobody gets it.

rustysi -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 8:57:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: geofflambert

I got it, I chose to ignore it. Perfectly good joke, well that's one man's opinion.[:'(]

HansBolter -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 9:26:10 PM)

One of the first ships to withdraw is a transport that starts in Singapore and is damaged........Dominion Monarch or some such name IIRC.
Either evac it right away to a locale it can withdraw from or send it into the teeth of the invading Japanese.

geofflambert -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/21/2017 11:13:39 PM)

Yeah, that's what I said, it didn't get me any political points, either.

damdirtyape -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 3:45:25 AM)

Thanks everyone for the quick reply, and the joke.

I remember now reading something about these penalties before somewhere.

gmtello -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 8:09:56 AM)

In the japanese side apart from commanders change. What else is recomended to spend political points?

LeeChard -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 2:19:33 PM)

Pay close attention to your ship withdrawal dates. the points penalty is severe.
I know from sad experience. [:(]

damdirtyape -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 6:56:02 PM)

I had one AP due for withdrawal in Perth, it was damaged so took me 3 days to get it allowed back into a TF so I can send it to Sydney to withdraw.... Then I realised I had 17 airgroups overdue [:(]

I was losing 204PP a turn on airgroups and 20 a turn on that AP. I had lost over 2500 PP over the course of the last few days/couple weeks.

Thanks again.

Lesson learned :)

BBfanboy -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 7:30:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: gmtello

In the japanese side apart from commanders change. What else is recomended to spend political points?

The only other use is to change unit HQs so they can cross international boundaries and board ships.

gmtello -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 9:05:10 PM)

Which aré the best jpn units to buy those in manchuoko , corea ,??

BBfanboy -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 9:23:13 PM)

quote:

You must decide this yourself. First, decide what you want to do. Next, analyze the opposition you will likely face. Then pick the units that fit best with the kind of mission you are planning. You must also decide whether you need to buy some cheap units immediately or save up PP for a while to buy a more expensive unit.

pontiouspilot -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 9:25:34 PM)

I have never missed a withdrawal by more than a day or two, but quere whether you actually go "in the hole" (ie. into negative numbers before someone misinterprets) if you have no political points saved??

BBfanboy -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 9:31:08 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pontiouspilot

I have never missed a withdrawal by more than a day or two, but quere whether you actually go "in the hole" (ie. into negative numbers before someone misinterprets) if you have no political points saved??

PP go to zero, but not into the negative AFAIK. Quite a few players have posted about having 0 PP but I have seen none mention negative numbers.

rustysi -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/22/2017 11:40:49 PM)

quote:

At first I'd say, yes. You do however need to watch the garrison requirements in Manchukuo in order to make sure the Russians don't activate early. Do yourself a favor and leave a buffer there as well (say 500-600 points), because there could be things that occur that may cause your numbers to vary from time to time.

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/23/2017 12:00:43 AM)

quote:

How comes ?

damdirtyape -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/23/2017 2:07:06 PM)

I can confirm it doesn't go negative. It was just always zero for those few turns

BBfanboy -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/23/2017 5:06:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Gräfin Zeppelin

quote:

How comes ?

I think a lot of us "got it" but didn't think it was amusing enough to comment on.

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/23/2017 5:56:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

How comes ?

I think a lot of us "got it" but didn't think it was amusing enough to comment on.

Well maybe I misunderstood his joke but I couldnt resist to bite.

BBfanboy -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/23/2017 7:25:15 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: BBfanboy

quote:

quote:

How comes ?

Well maybe I misunderstood his joke but I couldnt resist to bite.

It's a little bit subtle, but Canoerebel made a spelling error and typed "pentalities instead of penalties. The extra "t" made the first part of the word Latin for 5 (penta), so Geoff made his joke:

"Pentalities. That is to say five times alities. Never do that, that's my advice. "

Grfin Zeppelin -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/23/2017 10:05:17 PM)

O.O

gmtello -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/24/2017 12:34:48 PM)

Where is in the menú the withdrawal schedule

btd64 -> RE: Political Points - not increasing (8/24/2017 12:37:40 PM)

quote:

Where is in the menú the withdrawal schedule

Intel screen, right side. Hot key "I"....GP

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI