German unit destroyed after collapsing Vichy (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> World in Flames >> Tech Support

4personalbusiness -> German unit destroyed after collapsing Vichy (8/21/2017 7:28:13 PM)

Germany used a land move to enter Vichy, which collapsed. After naval overruns, the German unit disappeared and I found it in the destroyed pool. Bug or double secret Vichy rule? [;)]

4personalbusiness -> RE: German unit destroyed after collapsing Vichy (8/21/2017 7:41:57 PM)

Correction: the German unit disappears as soon as the pop-up "yes" button is pushed. I've tried if a couple of times with different units entering different hexes. Interestingly, a railed unit does not disappear so that seems to be working ok.

4personalbusiness -> RE: German unit destroyed after collapsing Vichy (8/21/2017 9:14:23 PM)

Here is the file at the rail stage so you can collapse both ways and see what happens.

lomyrin -> RE: German unit destroyed after collapsing Vichy (8/22/2017 11:26:15 PM)

I downloaded the game file and tried it. Worked fine for me, no problems

Shannon V. OKeets -> RE: German unit destroyed after collapsing Vichy (8/23/2017 3:36:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: lomyrin

I downloaded the game file and tried it. Worked fine for me, no problems

I agree with Lars. I encountered no trouble with collapsing Vichy using your saved game. I tried moving a German to an empty hex and also to a hex containing Vichy BPs. In both cases every thing ran correctly.

If you can still reproduce this, which unit do you move where to collapse Vichy?

4personalbusiness -> RE: German unit destroyed after collapsing Vichy (8/23/2017 6:36:18 PM)

I see what you mean. I moved the 9-6ARM one hex from [58,27] to [59,27] and it survived collapse.

However, when I reloaded the game and moved the ARM directly to its final destination [62,26] it again disappeared when I hit the collapse button. The workaround was to move the ARM one hex into Vichy, allow the collapse to happen, and then keep moving the unit to its destination. That worked fine.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI