AARs .. the newbie Japanese player (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition

Macclan5 -> AARs .. the newbie Japanese player (8/31/2017 12:23:55 PM)

Hey friends.

Always learning this game [8D]

Its not my intention to call out any specific newbie or situation; but a thread line in the AAR forum got me thinking.

I am not familiar with a 'tutorial style AAR' for the Japanese side?

(verse the AI I suppose but perhaps leveraged from a H2H game?)

Is there one ? Is there one recommended ?

Disclaimer: I am a once through newbie (1.5 grand campaigns plus tutorial scenarios vs AI) and obviously like many an Allied Fan Boy.

I rather purposely do not read Japanese AARs especially when I am subscribed or comment on the Allied side; avoid any potential breach of etiquette.

--

I opine (no empirical evidence) that a majority of players tend to be Allied players. Perhaps not so much in PBEM or head to head but certainly perhaps when you consider the community at large (i.e verses the AI in addition to PBEM)

There are a number of great AARs for the newbie Allied Supreme commander. Sardaukar's most often cited. There are a couple currently in the AAR i.e. Schlussel, Leandros, Rio Bravo to name a few. A few complete games - "bible type AARs" i.e. WITPQS, IdahoNYer, etc etc etc at the risk of offending a few great players.

Supporting that a number of tools to assist the Allied Admiral. Set sheets / Rookie threads...

Equally there are lots of tutorial tools for a rookie Imperial Player. The Economy / Plane production primer / Set up spread sheets / etc .

I am even vaguely aware of some earlier strategies now. (i) the Mersing gambit (ii) focus on Palembang early (iib) Singapore can wait (iii) heaver blows in the Philippines vs Pearl Harbour (iv) China and India or China and Australia auto-victory gambits.. etc

Just not familiar a specific tutorial style Japanese AAR.

Could some one direct my attention to one if it exists ?

Further is there a Japanese AAR spectrum from (i) relatively historical to (ii) significantly optimized ?

Cheers

MakeeLearn -> RE: AARs .. the newbie Japanese player (8/31/2017 12:32:56 PM)

Close to tutorial style..

A newly started one...

Quisling! An AFB does Japan (No PanzerKat)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4284550

MakeeLearn -> RE: AARs .. the newbie Japanese player (8/31/2017 12:34:37 PM)

Yamamoto's dream (tomamars J VS Sundowners A)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4281040

MakeeLearn -> RE: AARs .. the newbie Japanese player (8/31/2017 12:41:07 PM)

Instructional.... Really good info

Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2959613&mpage=1&key=�

Macclan5 -> RE: AARs .. the newbie Japanese player (8/31/2017 1:09:27 PM)

Thank you M [8D]

Very good reading as I rather contemplate mastering the IJN side of this game; leading to eventually trying to be a considerate quality PBEM player.
[8D]

MakeeLearn -> RE: AARs .. the newbie Japanese player (8/31/2017 1:12:17 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Macclan5

Thank you M [8D]

Very good reading as I rather contemplate mastering the IJN side of this game; leading to eventually trying to be a considerate quality PBEM player.
[8D]

Thanks. Ive just started as Japan, after playing as the Allies for 11 real months and I am Japan from here on.

BBfanboy -> RE: AARs .. the newbie Japanese player (8/31/2017 5:37:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MakeeLearn

Instructional.... Really good info

Once Again into the Breach - Mike (J) vs. tc464 (A)

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=2959613&mpage=1&key=�

+1
Mike Soli is considered THE guru of the Japanese economy from the first days of AE and has been very helpful to other players so I imagine his AAR will include a ton of tips and explanations.

Timotheus -> RE: AARs .. the newbie Japanese player (8/31/2017 9:25:46 PM)

Very useful, as I am angling to try Japan vs one of Andy's scripts.
Thanks for asking and responses.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI