Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Daniele -> Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 11:48:27 AM)

WarfareSims and MatrixGames are proud to announce Shifting Sands, the third DLC/Standalone to be released under the Command label!

Egypt, Israel, Lebanon, Syria, … few places in the world could claim the title of being one of the most conflict-ridden regions such as the Eastern Mediterranean. Religious and geopolitical fractures are ravaging the region since the end of the British Mandate over Palestine in 1948.

Countless conflicts have erupted all over the years -in particular between the State of Israel and its Arab neighbours - constantly changing warfare’s nature.

Only fast-thinking commanders will be successful, in a world where threats are never static and last conflict’s triumphant strategy will lead you to disaster in the next!

Command: Shifting Sands traces the history of the Arab-Israeli conflicts following the proclamation of the State of Israel: from the sidelines of the Suez crisis, through the lightning Six-Day War, the guerilla-like War Of Attrition and the strategic surprise of the Yom Kippur War, all the way to the historic Osirak raid and the epic air battle over the Bekaa Valley.

[image]http://www.matrixgames.com/files/games/707/20170927043526.jpg[/image]

- 17 campaign scenarios (14 historical and 3 hypothetical) written by Paul A. Bridge, ex-Royal Navy officer and author of the award-winning "Northern Inferno" campaign.

- Witness the dramatic changes in warfare hardware and tactics first-hand: the combat debut of the modern anti-ship missile and the countermeasures to it, the revolution in offensive counter-air operations, the emergence of the surface-to-air missile (SAM) and the development of SEAD (suppression of enemy air-defences) systems and tactics to deal with the new threat.

- Explore the great historical what-ifs of the Middle East theatre: The US responds forcefully to the attack on the Liberty, the Soviet and US fleets clash over their supported allies, and Israel resorts to nuclear weapons as the defensive fronts collapse.

Get more information about Command: Shifting Sands from its official Product Page!

Command: Shifting Sands can be played as a separate game (with the possibility to upgrade it to the base game with all the available database and scenarios at any point in time). Alternatively, it can be integrated as a new set of scenarios for owners of the original Command: Modern Air/Naval Operations Game of Year Edition!

ultradave -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 12:05:53 PM)

Hooo boy. Warming up the credit card.

Let me just say that these DLC releases are terrific values. Looking forward to this one.

Things are stacking up though - so much content, so little time!!

Zaslon -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 12:07:52 PM)

Woww! Fantastic!!!!

Lowlaner2012 -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 12:10:40 PM)

Looks good, been waiting for a dlc of the Arab Israeli wars :-)

Cheers

Primarchx -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 12:11:09 PM)

Now we're talking!

eleos -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 12:41:08 PM)

Are you kidding us?
Do you want us to get a divorce from our wifes?
I didn't finish CoW and Pole Positions and you announce a new DLC???

Thank God it is a dead game..... [:'(]

Airborne Rifles -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 12:55:24 PM)

Very cool! Looking forward to this.

Raptorx7_slith -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 1:14:29 PM)

*Throws money at screen*

jun5896 -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 1:57:44 PM)

Nice. Take my money [:'(]

stilesw -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 2:15:28 PM)

Dead,dead I say! Oops, maybe not...

[image]local://upfiles/49187/C574C4F6D6784D14AA613A16036825C3.jpg[/image]

JPFisher55 -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 3:49:25 PM)

I'm in. Will purchase when released.

DrRansom -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 4:05:49 PM)

Awesome! The scenario list is completely overwhelming now, but this is too good to pass up.

Are there going to be additional features added to the game, like the previous major DLCs?

Wasicun -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 5:23:18 PM)

I'm in. Will purchase when released (as everything related to CMANO). What about a bonus 2017 scenario?

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/27/2017 10:03:52 PM)

Excellent! And I love the choices of what if? scenarios, especially the inclusion of Sixth Fleet vs Fifth Eskadra

ghostdog -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/28/2017 5:02:37 PM)

excellent! please keep the content coming!

HalfLifeExpert -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/28/2017 11:39:04 PM)

Any ideas on release date? There doesn't seem to be any new features to get right like in CoW, just scenarios like NI.

Also will all the scenarios be played from the Blue Side (Israel, US, UK, France) or will there be any where one can choose to play as the Red forces (Arab States, Soviet Union)

Dimitris -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/29/2017 4:31:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HalfLifeExpert

Any ideas on release date? There doesn't seem to be any new features to get right like in CoW, just scenarios like NI.

Also will all the scenarios be played from the Blue Side (Israel, US, UK, France) or will there be any where one can choose to play as the Red forces (Arab States, Soviet Union)

1. Quite soon.

2. The latter.

T Rav -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/29/2017 7:06:18 AM)

You guys rock. Looking forward... Thanks

giantsquid -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (9/29/2017 10:44:59 AM)

Great to hear that, I'm ready!

tjhkkr -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (10/1/2017 4:49:22 PM)

I am ready! Thank you!

ncc1701e -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (10/1/2017 10:20:16 PM)

This looks great not only this DLC but the whole game. I do not own it because I have really no time to play another game of such complexity. Perhaps later...
One thing I am asking myself is: do you plan some day to include a deeper simulation of land units?

Thanks

Dimitris -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (10/2/2017 5:02:32 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ncc1701e

This looks great not only this DLC but the whole game. I do not own it because I have really no time to play another game of such complexity. Perhaps later...
One thing I am asking myself is: do you plan some day to include a deeper simulation of land units?

Thanks

Yes.

ncc1701e -> RE: Command: Shifting Sands is announced! (10/2/2017 10:02:57 AM)

Thanks, this is good news. As I said, I have no time to invest right now but I will buy it at a given point. With all the DLC, the LIVE scenarios, ... perhaps you should consider a CMANO big bundle for a newbie like me.

Thanks again

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI