Invinvible Allied amphibios units (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room

greywulfe -> Invinvible Allied amphibios units (10/7/2017 2:17:39 AM)

Admittedly, I've made a number of mistakes (as this was my first full campaign) playing the Axis. Long story short, I allowed both USSR and USA to declare war on me, as I was trying to gather strength. I didn't invade UK (tried but failed due to weather). I held off USSR and now in 1945 I am making progress after 4 years - probably because I destroyed so many of their units.

The USA invaded Africa, I held them off and launched a surprise amphibious assault in Algeria, cutting them off and defeating their forces, and bringing Spain to my side.

Allies tried landing in France in early 44. I rallied and defeated them. They have tried several times, but anytime they got a toe hold they were destroyed. My subs cannot get close, swarming with carriers and destroyers. However, their amphibious units are sitting off the coast for over a year. Doesn't seem to be realistic that they can stay out on sea, basically hugging the coast indefinitely. To me, there should be a max limit to how long they can be at sea before losing any potential action points.

Now the AI is launching massive air attacks and sometimes is able to destroy a defending unit, only to be immediately followed up by one of the waiting amphibious units.

I really don't know how I can win at this point though. Seems the odds are stacked against me. Does this game go on indefinitely?

BillRunacre -> RE: Invinvible Allied amphibios units (10/7/2017 10:23:16 AM)

Hi greywulfe

The game will end at the latest in May 1947.

Of course, it's up to you whether to continue, restart, or if you feel that you're ready to embark on a PBEM game, which is my favourite way of playing the game.

In terms of the Amphibious Transports, the regular type do lose supply and therefore Action Points and effectiveness every turn they are at sea. Long Range Amphibious Transports only lose supply when they move, so only this type can remain for a long time at sea without a significant penalty.

Bill

OxfordGuy3 -> RE: Invinvible Allied amphibios units (10/8/2017 3:29:02 PM)

Do regular amphib transports lose supply even if they remain in port each turn?

BillRunacre -> RE: Invinvible Allied amphibios units (10/9/2017 7:19:17 PM)

Yes they do, so they really need to be embarked as short a time as possible before landing on enemy shores.

OxfordGuy3 -> RE: Invinvible Allied amphibios units (10/9/2017 7:32:23 PM)

Thanks!

Icier -> RE: Invinvible Allied amphibios units (10/31/2017 8:38:32 PM)

thanks also...didn't know that

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI