A drop in pilot experience (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> The War Room

BigBadWolf -> A drop in pilot experience (10/13/2017 5:10:53 PM)

Can someone explain what happened to my Army pilots in training on turn 26? Why did their experience drop?
[img]https://i.imgur.com/v1uPyik.png[/img]

bartrat -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/13/2017 5:17:03 PM)

A new month and the new trainees are less experienced from the flight schools. What scen?

BigBadWolf -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/13/2017 5:20:03 PM)

RA. But shouldn't the Army graduates always have 45 exp, at least in 1942? Just like the Navy ones have 55? Am I missing something?

bartrat -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/13/2017 5:22:36 PM)

I don't know about R.A. scen.
Someone else who plays RA PLEASE chime in!

Lowpe -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/13/2017 5:55:58 PM)

That is your raw army pilots in training pools.

45 is incredibly high average, a gift to Japan. New recruits, which you added 174 have much lower experience and are in the 1-3 month category to the right, which you chopped off.

This number will continue to degrade as future months occur and more raw recruits are added to your starting elite training school pilots.

That 45 starting experience is a pretty hefty gift.

BigBadWolf -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/13/2017 6:16:02 PM)

Nope, these are the guys that graduated flight school and are ready for deployment. In December, their experience was 45, and all of a sudden it dropped to 36, just a point more than guys in 10-12 month training. Wasn't 45/55 starting experience always a thing, ever since WitP?
[img]https://i.imgur.com/PZvywqB.png[/img]

Navy pilots have 43 exp in their 10-12 month training and they graduate at 55.
[img]https://i.imgur.com/2sCDqbh.png[/img]

Lokasenna -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/13/2017 9:35:39 PM)

My guess is that 1/3 of the pilots graduated on the turning over of the month and entered your pool, causing it to drop by that amount... that's a big, non-averaged drop, though. I don't know. I don't really know whether the XP for those pools is affected by the pilot training schools, or simply hard-coded either in the engine or in the scenario itself.

PaxMondo -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/14/2017 7:48:44 PM)

BBW, I don't have RA on this machine, but I do have BTSL.

IJN 41 = 55
IJN 42 = 50
IJN 42 = 45

So what will happen is that beginning on 1/42, your pilot schools will all drop 5 exp pts in terms of targets. at the end of Jan 42 you will graduate 50 exp (average) with that will mix with your 55 exp (average) pool. YOu will lose another 5 pts EXP in teh schools on 1/43.

Pretty sure that RA is similar so that you are seeing this ...

Alfred -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/15/2017 10:42:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBadWolf

... Wasn't 45/55 starting experience always a thing, ever since WitP? ...

No.

You are confusing the wet dream of a JFB designed mod with the objective assessment represented by an official scenario.

Alfred

Lowpe -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/15/2017 4:35:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alfred

quote:

No.

You are confusing the wet dream of a JFB designed mod with the objective assessment represented by an official scenario.

Alfred

I recall graduating pilots in the 20's, and eventually draining it all the way and getting pilots in the 10s. Here is a picture of my training in late May of 43 with my game with Jocke. Well on my way to single digits.[:D] As it should be.

[image]local://upfiles/44178/755A95F0AC504E9C8BACA2EF1AE2EE6B.jpg[/image]

Lokasenna -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/15/2017 5:52:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: PaxMondo

BBW, I don't have RA on this machine, but I do have BTSL.

IJN 41 = 55
IJN 42 = 50
IJN 42 = 45

So what will happen is that beginning on 1/42, your pilot schools will all drop 5 exp pts in terms of targets. at the end of Jan 42 you will graduate 50 exp (average) with that will mix with your 55 exp (average) pool. YOu will lose another 5 pts EXP in teh schools on 1/43.

Pretty sure that RA is similar so that you are seeing this ...

OK, this is what I thought it was. High starting replacement experience and then it drops - so it behooves you to pull all the pilots out that you can as early as possible and just place them in your general reserve.

John 3rd -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/16/2017 11:08:31 PM)

quote:

quote:

No.

Alfred

Thanks Alfred.

John 3rd -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/16/2017 11:14:00 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Lowpe

quote:

quote:

No.

Alfred

I recall graduating pilots in the 20's, and eventually draining it all the way and getting pilots in the 10s. Here is a picture of my training in late May of 43 with my game with Jocke. Well on my way to single digits.[:D] As it should be.

[image]local://upfiles/44178/755A95F0AC504E9C8BACA2EF1AE2EE6B.jpg[/image]

That is exactly how my pilots look in 1944/45 vs. Dan.

RA is so far behind BTS/BTSL in terms of development. When Dan and I 1st re-started our game there was a whirlwind of changes to dial the Japanese back. When I left the game and then came back we made a few more then went into development of Between the Storms. RA has set ever since.

Your issue is with IJA pilots and those numbers have never been touched by me or Michael. They should be the same as when John folded RA into Da Babes. It would be important to know if there are differences.

I am sure you have taken out more pilots then you graduated and that has dropped your XP. In 1942 I use every pilot I can find to fill out training units and then train them up. It take months for that graduating number to come back up after this is done, however, I prefer doing this in that I--the player--can train them to what is needed.

BigBadWolf -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/17/2017 4:27:36 PM)

Well, that's just the thing, I haven't pulled too many pilots out. There were 1800 of them on December 31st with exp 45, 194 were added on January first and the whole bunch dropped to 36. Now, I'm about as far as you can get from being a mathematically literate person, but something just doesn't add up.

Alfred -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/17/2017 5:44:03 PM)

quote:

Well, that's just the thing, I haven't pulled too many pilots out. There were 1800 of them on December 31st with exp 45, 194 were added on January first and the whole bunch dropped to 36. Now, I'm about as far as you can get from being a mathematically literate person, but something just doesn't add up.

How is that relevant.

The pilot replacement pool does not store individual pilots. Consequently it does not store individual pilot stats. When a "pilot" is pulled out of the replacement pool he is "born" with stats based on the "hard coded" year based national average.

You are playing a mod where the 1942 stats are lower than the 1941 stats. Start pulling out in 1942 your new born pilots are assigned 1942 values. Pull them out in 1944 the new born pilots get 1944 values. All being subject to randoms and the impact of your TRACOM.

Alfred

BigBadWolf -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/17/2017 6:05:26 PM)

Aha, that makes sense. So I should have pulled the lot into reserve in December. Thanks.

John 3rd -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/18/2017 1:10:06 AM)

Keep me up if you see more issues and have serious questions. Will help wherever possible.

PaxMondo -> RE: A drop in pilot experience (10/18/2017 4:30:35 AM)

quote:

quote:

How is that relevant.

The pilot replacement pool does not store individual pilots. Consequently it does not store individual pilot stats. When a "pilot" is pulled out of the replacement pool he is "born" with stats based on the "hard coded" year based national average.

You are playing a mod where the 1942 stats are lower than the 1941 stats. Start pulling out in 1942 your new born pilots are assigned 1942 values. Pull them out in 1944 the new born pilots get 1944 values. All being subject to randoms and the impact of your TRACOM.

Alfred

Once again you state with clarity and eloquence that which I stumbled and mumbled through. thanks (again)!

[&o][&o][&o]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI