RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

Chris21wen -> RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (11/20/2017 7:53:41 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LST Express

Went back to 1703 from 1709.

As I understood it windows will automatically try and reinstall it unless you have the professional version? Could someone clarity that?

Ginetto -> RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (11/20/2017 11:32:59 AM)

Windows 10 has been an enduring severe irritant with WITP-AE since the very beginning. Personally I've had to spend hours fiddling with switches before hitting on the right formula. For some reason fortunately my pc is still running on version 1703 of Win10. I dread the day when 1709 will be foisted on me.
So those of us who grouse that Matrix games should also still run on WinXP have all my sympathy, in spite of the ill-tempered comments of a few on how cheap etc it is to upgrade.
It's time now for Matrix to come up with a Win10-resistant WITP-AE version. The game is too iconic and important to see it wither away because Microsoft keeps playing around with its OS.
Any hope Matrix Games???

BBfanboy -> RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (11/20/2017 11:39:37 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ginetto

Windows 10 has been an enduring severe irritant with WITP-AE since the very beginning. Personally I've had to spend hours fiddling with switches before hitting on the right formula. For some reason fortunately my pc is still running on version 1703 of Win10. I dread the day when 1709 will be foisted on me.
So those of us who grouse that Matrix games should also still run on WinXP have all my sympathy, in spite of the ill-tempered comments of a few on how cheap etc it is to upgrade.
It's time now for Matrix to come up with a Win10-resistant WITP-AE version. The game is too iconic and important to see it wither away because Microsoft keeps playing around with its OS.
Any hope Matrix Games???

Funny - I was thinking the opposite - that users should send Microsoft their complaints so that MS takes action to fix the issue in Win10.10. If this problem affects other gamers as well there may be enough of a groundswell to get them to fix the code.

Me, I stuck with Win 7 SP2 so I have a game that is no longer supported on an O/S that is no longer supported - and it works fine!

Ginetto -> RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (11/20/2017 4:20:41 PM)

Yes. Ideally we should appeal to Microsoft, the manufacturer of the troublesome OS. But they are the proverbial 400 lb gorilla. Hopeless for us. Matrix Games, instead, knows who we are and have more empathy for our concerns.
Matrix Games, hint hint?

Oldguard1970 -> RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (11/21/2017 2:45:50 PM)

BBFanboy notes he is still using Win 7.

I spent $50 for a used desktop with WinXP. Now I can play Tiller's Civil War in addition to other older unsupported games.

Windows has a backwards compatibility feature that works sometimes, but not always. The old machine for older games serves as a work-around for the moment.

All the best, John

wdolson -> RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (11/23/2017 2:37:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ginetto

Any hope Matrix Games???

It isn't really for Matrix to do, they are the publishers of the game. Henderson Field Design has the source code, as far as I know Matrix doesn't. The problem is the programmers from the AE project are all busy with their "day jobs".

I'm pretty sure the problems with running on Win 10 are DirectX compatibility issues and AE badly needs to be updated to more modern DirectX calls. I have thought about fixing it, but my life has been insane since June of 2016.

Bill

Joe D. -> RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (12/14/2017 12:19:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GI Jive

I've had the same issue since updating Windows 10 a few days ago. When I scroll over a base, the pop-up that appears seems to be the desktop behind it. I can get beyond it by clickibg on the base but this is annoying and distracting. I'm not enough of a tekkie to fix it. I'm hoping someone else comes up with a fix that won't detract from playability.

So am I. So are we all.
And I always cringe whenever I get a massive Win update.

LST Express -> RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (12/22/2017 1:38:31 PM)

I'm still on version 1703 with no problems and Microsoft hasn't tried to force the upgrade on me again. But from reading these two threads it sounds like that will happen at some point.[&:]

Chris21wen -> RE: Screen Issues after Windows Update, 27 Oct 2017 (12/23/2017 5:04:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: LST Express

I'm still on version 1703 with no problems and Microsoft hasn't tried to force the upgrade on me again. But from reading these two threads it sounds like that will happen at some point.[&:]

Please read my post in this thread http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4390639&mpage=2&key=

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI