Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (CLOSED) (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series >> Opponents Wanted

guctony -> Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (CLOSED) (10/30/2017 1:05:53 PM)

Hi I am fairly new to game and even less experienced as a Soviet player.

I like to propose a challenge to experienced Axis players. A kind of What if.
What if: German assault started one week late. Keeping everything as it is with a house rule so soviets will not move anything but Axis has one additional turn to regroup his armies for a different start up. The start up movement advantage will be lost to Axis but I think My inexperience will surely reflect status of Stavka.

Would anyone interested with such a setup.

Guctony

SparkleyTits -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (10/30/2017 1:09:16 PM)

That's a interesting idea man I would to see an AAR on this for sure!

guctony -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (10/30/2017 1:15:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SparkleyTits

That's a interesting idea man I would to see an AAR on this for sure!

Yeap Only if I can find an opponent

;)

RKhan -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (10/30/2017 3:49:37 PM)

Re-arranging the starting positions may make up for the lost turn, but the Soviets are weaker on turn one due to surprise. It would probably be a pain to get past them even if you don't move them.

Also Soviet reinforcements will come a turn earlier, making the Dnepr a significant obstacle.

I think the way to play this is might be to agree modified victory conditions.

tyronec -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (10/30/2017 4:09:27 PM)

That is a major difference to game balance:
1 move less to take Moscow.
1 move more for STAVKA to build up strength and entrenchments.
No turn 1 Axis surprise: multiple bombings and combat advantage.
How about play testing it as Axis vs. the AI to see what the impact is ?

SparkleyTits -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (10/30/2017 5:33:26 PM)

Sorry that this is off topic but Khan your inbox is full buddy

guctony -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (10/30/2017 6:23:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tyronec

well if i play test it it is no longer a what if. currently there is quite definitive opening moves experienced player are using. i like to go out of comfort zone. rearranging the unit setup is will sure help to balance.

HardLuckYetAgain -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (11/3/2017 3:15:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony

quote:

well if i play test it it is no longer a what if. currently there is quite definitive opening moves experienced player are using. i like to go out of comfort zone. rearranging the unit setup is will sure help to balance.

Interesting Idea. Did you get a taker? (I'm just asking because I'm curious, not because I want to play) Plus, I always thought about having a game where the Soviets attack first. So instead of "not" having a 1st turn at all, have it where the Germans don't attack and the Soviets have to attack on turn 1. Now that would make it interesting!!!!

RKhan -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (11/3/2017 7:53:46 AM)

quote:

Interesting Idea. Did you get a taker? (I'm just asking because I'm curious, not because I want to play) Plus, I always thought about having a game where the Soviets attack first. So instead of "not" having a 1st turn at all, have it where the Germans don't attack and the Soviets have to attack on turn 1. Now that would make it interesting!!!!

The Soviet CV is nerfed on T1 so I'm not sure they could even if they wanted.

BTW, I also fired up the game to see the difference in defence values from T1 to T2 if the Soviets are left alone. It roughly doubles.

I find this thread interesting as well, but I think the game needs a much better scenario editor to make it a reality.

R

guctony -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (11/3/2017 10:28:54 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RKhan

quote:

The Soviet CV is nerfed on T1 so I'm not sure they could even if they wanted.

BTW, I also fired up the game to see the difference in defence values from T1 to T2 if the Soviets are left alone. It roughly doubles.

I find this thread interesting as well, but I think the game needs a much better scenario editor to make it a reality.

R

No I did not get a take. I think without 1st day benefits its very hard to reach even Leningrad. I just tried with AI.

bigbaba -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (11/3/2017 9:41:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: HardLuckYetAgain

quote:

ORIGINAL: guctony

quote:

quote:

sting it as Axis vs. the AI to see w

i think with such a low moral and xp the red army would get mauled by the Wehrmacht.:)

but i would follow such an interesting game as Tony mentioned when it starts and gets an AAR. would be a nice change after all the minsk- lvov- kovel pocket clone starts.

Pitaman -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (11/4/2017 1:08:24 AM)

OK, I will bite and try this variant game if you will allow one minor variant to your proposed game. Allow the German Luftwaffe to attack on turn one. This way they still get the initial air surprise.

Le me know if you are interested.

Best regards,

Pitaman

guctony -> RE: Challenge for Experienced Axis Players (11/4/2017 10:15:09 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pitaman

OK, I will bite and try this variant game if you will allow one minor variant to your proposed game. Allow the German Luftwaffe to attack on turn one. This way they still get the initial air surprise.

Le me know if you are interested.

Best regards,

Pitaman

Hello,

Great news. No problem allowing Luftwaffe to attack first day. Scen: To bitter end, standart house rules. Axis can move and rearrange Its startup positions without crossing the border and No Russian movement whatsoever in first turn. In second turn Russian will only 50 AP.

Please PM to for PBEM information.

Best Regards

Guctony

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI