Email Lists better than Forums? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Mike Mnich -> Email Lists better than Forums? (5/28/2001 11:01:00 PM)

Dear Guys, I still like email lists better than forums. The forums take longer to login and navigate and post to. Sometimes you want to answer off list, but the poster has no pvt. email. I find this forum slow and hard to find information on. If it is not on the first page, or constantly bumped up, posts get lost. Often if you ask a question and 1 person responds, that is all anyone will answer. If you post to that thread to clarify or get more information, your followup is buried and often ignored. How do the rest of you feel? Any chance we could get email lists going in addition to the forums? Thanks, Mike :)

Paul Vebber -> (5/28/2001 11:57:00 PM)

This forum has a private message capability. Together with the archival nature of the forum and the fact that you have more control its what we are using. There are those who like mailing lists better, they are free to start one if they wish, but the "official" Matrix "community" will be this forum!

Wild Bill -> (5/29/2001 12:50:00 AM)

I used to be of the same mind, Mike, but having now become accostumed to a forum type of communication, I really think this is the best way to go. Wild Bill

ectizen -> (5/29/2001 4:47:00 PM)

Do you think something simple like increasing the number of threads per page from 25 to 40 or 50 would help? This would keep recent threads visible on the front page longer (about 2 days at the moment), giving more opportunities for the not-quite-daily reader to reply.

Mark Ezra -> (5/29/2001 8:01:00 PM)

The big problem for Email list was the 100 plus Email days that were the norm. I'm glad to use the forum method

Gloo -> (6/1/2001 6:17:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by Mark Ezra: The big problem for Email list was the 100 plus Email days that were the norm. I'm glad to use the forum method
Right! Considering the number of dayly contributions here, that would be inferno in our emailboxes! :) Anyway, there is at least one thing I find relly annoying about that forum. There's no handy way to keep track of the threads you posted on. The only easy way is to initiate threads, not forgetting to check the box for e-mail notifications! As you can guess, I generally forget to check it... :rolleyes: I really think the checkbox should default to checked :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI