How deep? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Mare Nostrvm

PaulWRoberts -> How deep? (11/2/2017 3:03:08 PM)

I'd love to know more about what's going on under the hood in MN.

How are ships rated? Is damage discrete to particular elements of a ship, or is it general hitpoints?

The deeper this game goes, the more I'd love to see a sequel set in the Age of Sail...

jimwinsor -> RE: How deep? (11/2/2017 3:08:17 PM)

Hulls don't have hit points, but rather, a general resistance rating to ramming. Thus a ramming attack will have one of two results: 1) No effect; 2) ship cracked (ie destroyed and turned into nothing more than a floating hazard).

Niessuh -> RE: How deep? (11/2/2017 3:18:06 PM)

There are fourteen ship types, ranging from the small and primitive penteconter to the powerful decares.

Its capabilities are summarized in five characteristics:

Manpower: marines on board prepared to shoot projectiles
and carry out boardings

Cruise speed: the distance attainable each turn without
suffering fatigue

Maximum speed: the longest distance you can reach per
turn

Quality: the seamanship skill of the crew

Hull: the ship’s ability to withstand ramming

Ram: attack value against enemy ships

76mm -> RE: How deep? (11/2/2017 5:28:52 PM)

Any chance you could post the manual so we can get more info about the game? What countries are playable? How big can battles be? Are editors included? What about modding?

I was a big fan of Quagriga and am very interested in this game, but dont understand why so little info has been put out about it.

Niessuh -> RE: How deep? (11/2/2017 5:46:31 PM)

I will ask if the manual could be posted.

There are 20 historical nations, or "factions" but at this scale ship types are not bound to single nations. The greeks invented almost everyone! Admirals and commanders receive special habilities though.

We have plans for making an editor in the future.

IainMcNeil -> RE: How deep? (11/2/2017 6:11:54 PM)

The manual is available here:
http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/726630/manuals/Mare_Nostrvm_Manual.pdf?t=1509644729

76mm -> RE: How deep? (11/2/2017 11:40:47 PM)

Excellent, thanks for the manual link, will take a look. Hope to pick this up within a few days...

Rosseau -> RE: How deep? (11/3/2017 1:06:09 AM)

The best bet in a situation like this is buy it on Steam. You have up to two hours to refund it.

EDIT: Not that I'll be refunding it anytime soon. But need more time before I do a Steam review.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI