RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Agathosdaimon -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (11/8/2017 5:29:56 AM)

my confusion also lies in that you mentioend the mech.exe file fix for the "stock version" so i took this to mean the original SSI game (of which i also am owner)

Riitaoja2 -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (11/8/2017 11:07:43 AM)

@Agathosdaimon:

You can use this for the "Matrix Games store bought SP WaW game":
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/unofficial-depot-patch-8-403d-artillery-screen-lag-t277.html

quote:

my confusion also lies in that you mentioend the mech.exe file fix for the "stock version" so i took this to mean the original SSI game (of which i also am owner)

No. Stock version means any SPWaW version that does not have a fan created mod in it.
So that would mean the free SPWaW and the "Matrix Games store bought SP WaW game".

Just forget about the original SSI made Steel Panthers 1,2 and 3 for now. You are starting to confuse me also! [X(][;)]

sIg3b -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (11/10/2017 2:34:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Riitaoja2

Regarding download problems:

If the Enhanced FR Full mod download is blocked by your ISP you can still get the stock free game from here:
http://www.gamershell.com/download_6363.shtml
Assuming of course that gamers hell is not also blocked...

It is.

I assume the same is true for *any* similar site, probably on the grounds of piracy suspicion.

Could you perhaps upload SPWAW 2016 on Matrix or on a private website? [8D]

Major_Mess -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (11/10/2017 4:47:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Tesuji

Could you perhaps upload SPWAW 2016 on Matrix or on a private website? [8D]

PM sent

MM

sIg3b -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (11/11/2017 3:34:22 PM)

Success! Major Mess: You are immensely helpful! [sm=sign0031.gif]

briantmar -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (1/17/2018 4:36:30 PM)

This is phenomenal. I can not tell you how much I love this. This is still a favorite game of mine and now it totally works again!

[&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o][&o]
[sm=sign0031.gif]

Major_Mess -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (1/17/2018 5:07:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: briantmar

This is phenomenal. I can not tell you how much I love this. This is still a favorite game of mine and now it totally works again!

[sm=sign0031.gif]

You Sir, are more than welcome!!

cheers

MM

kolc -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (6/17/2018 6:34:31 PM)

Thanks very much for this. Up and running again after a near ten year hiatus...tried all the previous patches but none got working quite right

Cheers!
Brett

Major_Mess -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (4/14/2019 9:03:36 PM)

I have just noticed that this thread has been stickied.

Thank You to whichever Mod did this.

MM

VikingNo2 -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (4/24/2019 7:26:14 PM)

Hello all some may remember me, I have been away from the game for a long time what is new

Alby -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (3/12/2020 10:53:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: VikingNo2

Hello all some may remember me, I have been away from the game for a long time what is new

Hell Ya You used to kick my butt in PBEM all the time LOL!!
how ya been?

JJU57 -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (6/18/2020 2:58:14 PM)

Please ignore the below. I found the fix elsewhere on this site under troubleshooting. It was Windows 7 explorer that caused the problem.

I have an issue with the main menu screen graphics. I tried almost all the setting in the compatibility option. Windows recommended I use just XP SP2. I even went back to Windows98 and changed the color to just 256. I did this on the SPWAW.exe file but also the autorun and mech.exe. I then deleted the Matrix version and went to the Depot and downloaded the Enhanced FR Full 92016) edition. Same issue. Again tried different compatibility modes on mech.exe.

No movies start. which is OK but the screen color is terrible. The screen does not reder where only the menu items are actually vivisble.

What is strange is if I start a game and then quit it seems to correct the screen problems. But as I'm reading the campaign notes it reverts back to the base screen where the notes are no longer visible. This means the screen graphics are resetting.

I know it has to be some incompatibility with my Nvidia graphics. I'm on Windows 7, Intel i5-4690K CPU, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX-1070 video card.

Red_L.E.D. -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (6/23/2020 11:46:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JJU57
.. but the screen color is terrible. The screen does not render where only the menu items are actually visible ...

Just a small note:

Steel Panthers World at War suffers from corrupted color palette on Windows Vista and Windows 7. This is due to Windows Aero that is used by those operating systems. The rough solution is to kill explorer.exe while running the game but another possibility is to use a ddraw wrapper. For example narzoul's DDrawCompat (from github) or DxWnd (from SourceForge).

On the other hand Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 display SPWaW correctly again since they do not use Windows Aero anymore.

Falcon1 -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (7/6/2020 2:06:05 PM)

The Depot has had the fix for the corrupted color palette for years now.
Please see it here:

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/spwawdepot/cmd-file-to-fix-color-palette-in-vista-win7-and-wi-t29.html

mainsworthy -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (12/11/2020 6:55:12 PM)

edit

mainsworthy -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (12/11/2020 6:58:08 PM)

edit

pete61 -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (12/22/2020 7:19:10 PM)

I still cannot download the patch from the depot site and cannot find what in my security setting might be preventing it. Is there anywhere else this is available?
thanks,
Pete

Major_Mess -> RE: We've Fixed the Artillery Screen - Guaranteed!!!! (12/22/2020 8:39:23 PM)

Pete:

PM sent

MM

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI