LIttle Known Facts of WW2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Bing -> LIttle Known Facts of WW2 (5/20/2003 3:25:53 AM)

The History Channel May 19 06:00pm
Series/Documentary, 60 Mins.

"Merrill's Marauders"
A group of highly trained fighters is deployed in the jungles of Japan.

================================================

I'll bet they learned to love sushi.

Bing

Belisarius -> Re: LIttle Known Facts of WW2 (5/20/2003 3:45:24 AM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Bing
[B]The History Channel May 19 06:00pm
Series/Documentary, 60 Mins.

"Merrill's Marauders"
A group of highly trained fighters is deployed in the jungles of Japan.

================================================

I'll bet they learned to love sushi.

Bing [/B][/QUOTE]

"jungles of JAPAN" ?? :confused:

OK OK so Okinawa is quite tropical but still....wouldn't "the Pacific" be better..... :p

pasternakski -> (5/20/2003 5:14:58 AM)

I dunno. As I recall, you could get your hands on a nice little jungle along the Ginza. Hi-ho, a-marauding we will go...

Orzel Bialy -> wow....Japan? (5/20/2003 5:33:37 AM)

that really must have been a top secret mission....first I've ever heard of it! lol :D

Wonder which part of Japan has jungle terrain??? lol :D

Bing -> (5/20/2003 5:39:35 AM)

"It's a jungle out there, Martha."

I hope no one believes HC so-called writers had any idea what they were writing. Are they really that dumb? Yep.

Bing

Orzel Bialy -> That goes with the territory... (5/20/2003 5:46:10 AM)

probably some college intern/graduate who slept through history classes since the 7th grade. :rolleyes:

KG Erwin -> Delta House members writing for History Channel? (5/20/2003 9:10:51 AM)

John Belushi as Bluto in "Animal House": "Did we quit when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? "

Orzel Bialy -> LOL... (5/20/2003 9:17:00 AM)

that is a scary thought! lol :p :D ;)

Jim1954 -> (5/20/2003 5:57:41 PM)

Maybe those writers were playing a "battle" from SPWaW? I've had rice paddies show up on Crete before, so why not jungle patches in Japan? lol

Bing -> (5/20/2003 8:53:24 PM)

Those people who call themselves writers are at best semi-literate. Fellas, this is TELEVISION, where everything is done for money. My son makes a living in the show business end of TV. It puts food on the table, clothes on the back, a roof over his family's head. A job, that's all it is.

HC airs a show now and then that is worthwhile almost by accident. The "Great Raids" segment on the Biritsh air attack of Taranto is very good, one of the best such programs I have seen. If it reruns, by all means watch it. In a smilar vein, the documentaries on US combat engineers in the ETO are well made. There are a couple others; perhaps it is significant these programs were produced several years ago.

Bing

Jim1954 -> (5/20/2003 9:04:41 PM)

Sad commentary on some of today's viewers, but I'd be willing to bet that most would not have even known that jungle doesn't exactly exist at that latitude. I'll go further, most probably don't even know what latitude is, and many probably couldn't find Japan on a map if it wasn't labeled..

:eek:

Orzel Bialy -> Sad but True... (5/20/2003 11:35:18 PM)

we had a person at work who thought Japan was near Europe. :(

I guess you can blame the system...but usually you get out of school what you put into it. Believe me...I know a lot of people that put very little into it while they were there! :rolleyes:

Irinami -> (5/21/2003 8:20:33 AM)

Amen.

Fallschirmjager -> (5/21/2003 10:24:54 AM)

I like PBS
Non profit and good shows

Irinami -> (5/21/2003 10:53:29 AM)

Good quality, though you can still see the slant IMO. But that with the HC makes a great jumping-off point for the best thing you've got:

The Public Library System (including book stores since they are loath to kick out a potential customer).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI