RE: Tracking Spreadsheets (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Gary Grigsby's War in the East Series

56ajax -> RE: Tracking Spreadsheets (11/10/2017 5:08:14 AM)

And how do i get the exported file into comma separated....or is it to do with my ancient version of excel?

morvael -> RE: Tracking Spreadsheets (11/10/2017 6:05:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tomeck48

I'm playing version 1.09. The button must have come in later.

Too bad. What's holding you from updating?

quote:

ORIGINAL: johntoml56

And how do i get the exported file into comma separated....or is it to do with my ancient version of excel?

Since it's tab separated you should be able to open it in Notepad, select all, copy, and paste directly into Excel.

Telemecus -> RE: Tracking Spreadsheets (11/10/2017 11:37:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: morvael
quote:

ORIGINAL: johntoml56

Since it's tab separated you should be able to open it in Notepad, select all, copy, and paste directly into Excel.

Depending on your preferences all the data might appear in one column - but you can highlight it and look for a drop down menu item called "Text to columns" or "Parse" in some programs.

Usually you can open the file directly from within in a spreadsheet program, even old excel - and it may even ask you while it opens whether to use comma or tab separated values.

tomeck48 -> RE: Tracking Spreadsheets (11/10/2017 4:21:14 PM)

"Too bad. What's holding you from updating?"

Thanks Moravel. From what I've been reading you're adding a lot to the game.

From the posts I was reading it seemed early on that v1.11 supercharged the Germans and I'm in late '42 of a campaign game as the Russians. Didn't need supercharged Germans. But now sounds like it's somewhat better. Though something up thread seems to say there could be problems changing versions in the middle of a game. What's your advice

56ajax -> RE: Tracking Spreadsheets (11/10/2017 11:50:23 PM)

Thanks to Telemecus and morvael re file conversion....both worked.

morvael -> RE: Tracking Spreadsheets (11/11/2017 11:02:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tomeck48
Though something up thread seems to say there could be problems changing versions in the middle of a game. What's your advice

Not really, except you will miss some enchancements which come from or rely on new data to function properly. Of course balance can be altered. It's not a problem if you play alone, with multiple MP usually all players have to be updated to newest patch, or go to great lengths to play each game using separate version.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI