Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Mare Nostrvm

Pyrrhos -> Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/8/2017 1:42:22 AM)

I'm wondering if it would be possible to select the AIs ships in Skirmish mode. I'm playing Greece against Persia and would like to select the ships for Persia as well. That way I could have a more historical scenario.
Many Thanks,
Pyrrhos

Niessuh -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/8/2017 7:24:53 AM)

If we do the future scenario editor that we are planning this would be available for sure

bssybeep -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/8/2017 8:53:46 AM)

+1 for a scenario editor.

Pyrrhos -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/8/2017 9:27:23 AM)

That would be great. I would really like to play historical scenarios.

Pyhrros

Piteas -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/8/2017 5:07:20 PM)

GREAT

This game needs an editor for more long life.

bssybeep -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/8/2017 5:35:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Turnopia

If we do the future scenario editor that we are planning this would be available for sure

Is a scenario editor planned or just a possibility? Looking to make a purchase decision. thanks

Gnaeus -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/8/2017 5:58:04 PM)

+1 to scenario editor or just allowing the player to choose ships for the AI in skirmish mode. Can't really get historical matchups in current skirmish mode.

Great game otherwise. Played a lot of GMT's War Galley and have been waiting for something like this.

Niessuh -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/8/2017 8:16:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bssybeep
Is a scenario editor planned or just a possibility? Looking to make a purchase decision. thanks

To be totally honest, right now it's a possibility. We have invested a lot of time and effort in this game and now we are preparing the first patch. Fortunately the game is very robust, it does not have any serious bug, so we can include suggestions from the players, like using the tab key to select the available ships or offer settings menu within the game. Beyond this, right now we do not know if results will allow us to continue working on improving the game.

Gnaeus -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/9/2017 1:32:52 AM)

Also, I would like to be able to change commanders' abilities or disable random assignment in skirmish mode.

Rosseau -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/9/2017 2:09:06 AM)

One can hope that a scenario editor and some other content could be included in a paid DLC. I think your audience is serious enough about the game not to balk at that. No idea the work involved, though.

Allowing the player to choose the AI's ships would pretty much be a gift in a patch. Some skirmish games allow this option and some don't, so one can't say it should have been included at launch.

I think most understand we can't get every little thing we want patched into a $20 game, either. So maybe better to add the "must do" changes and then go for the add-ons!

Ichili -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/9/2017 4:13:54 AM)

I would pay extra money for a robust editor and some battles missing from the initial version. This game is one of a kind.

Piteas -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/9/2017 1:23:10 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ichili

I would pay extra money for a robust editor and some battles missing from the initial version. This game is one of a kind.

+1

Pyrrhos -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/9/2017 4:20:16 PM)

I would pay more too for an upgrade that let you do historical battles in an editor or skirmish mode.

Jafele -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/9/2017 7:32:24 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ichili

AMEN [;)]

76mm -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/10/2017 6:29:19 AM)

I also also really like to see an editor, in fact without one this game will have little appeal for me.

eddieballgame -> RE: Select AIs ships in Skirmish Mode. (11/11/2017 3:58:11 AM)

If by editor, folks are implying a scenario designer...that would be a nice addition. Not really sure what an editor would entail, except maybe a map editor to add some land masses/beaches/islands.
Being able to mod or edit ship/crew stats would be nice, also. Currently the game does offer scenario creations in multiplayer "on the fly" & that is a good thing.
For me, the best addition would be true hotseat. Something Qvadriga (great game) badly needed.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI