Does foot infantry gets tired after a long march? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

Gallo Rojo -> Does foot infantry gets tired after a long march? (5/29/2001 5:29:00 AM)

Well... I’m listening to you my friends :)

Warrior -> (5/29/2001 5:47:00 AM)

I did. In fact, I tried to avoid long marches whenever possible.

nimu -> (5/29/2001 5:56:00 AM)

Are u serious??I never knew that!!And if yes,is there a parameter where u can see the troops getting tired?

troopie -> (5/29/2001 7:12:00 AM)

What I think Remf meant is yes, he got tired in reality after a long march. So did I. Nothing like fifty kays or more in full kit to make you tired. But there's no troop weariness factor in the game. AOR had it, but there's not one in any of the SP games. Maybe in Combat Leader. troopie

Gallo Rojo -> (5/29/2001 10:05:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by troopie: What I think Remf meant is yes, he got tired in reality after a long march. So did I. Nothing like fifty kays or more in full kit to make you tired. But there's no troop weariness factor in the game. AOR had it, but there's not one in any of the SP games. Maybe in Combat Leader. troopie
That’s right. Infantry doesn’t get tired on the game. See the other post with the same subject (I post it twice by a mistake) where Paul Veber answers my question.

ruxius -> (5/29/2001 2:49:00 PM)

Ciao Nicola, well, I vote for weariness against Command and control.. :D Oh poor infantry...since SP1's freedom and power you seem sieged by pain and sorrow now... Thus I think weariness is good idea believe me ,one more step toward SPWAW's reality,..,but remember how much actual shot&move rules and C&C constraint our men ! :D :D Let them know this and order to them to MARCH MARCH AND MARCH !

Jasper -> (5/30/2001 1:45:00 AM)

I served the army for two years under conscription. I was with the support section, carrying a GPMG - General Purpose MG or M60. Fast march for 20 KM, I am exhausted. :p Push me to the floor, I can even get up on my own.

kutalik -> (5/30/2001 2:12:00 AM)

God, ten years out of the army and my back and feet get tired just thinking about it... Why make our poor cyber-comrades suffer? Already bad enough having to deal with my suicide orders :D

Belisarius -> (5/30/2001 6:53:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by kutalik: God, ten years out of the army and my back and feet get tired just thinking about it... Why make our poor cyber-comrades suffer? Already bad enough having to deal with my suicide orders :D
So true. The only thing that saved my GI's from total annihilation today against the Germans was a well placed .50 cal HMG :D

Stukadawg -> (5/30/2001 9:37:00 AM)

I like to think that my troops are too enthusiastic to get tired.

Randy -> (5/30/2001 2:25:00 PM)

Is this not why the M113 APC, is often called the "battlefield taxi". It just drives along and the infantry can just "hitch" a ride, like flagging down a taxi cab!! This way the infantry doesn't get tired on long road marches!! Semper Fi Randy

Jasper -> (5/30/2001 6:53:00 PM)

Talk about M113 APC, it sucks. I travelled in that during my army days, it is cramp and when filled with troops it stink. But overall at least I am protected from small arms fire. But sometime we are told that it is also called a metal coffin. The side armour can be penetrated by a .50 and the rear, a GPMG can do it. Sometime I really like the ideal of Isreal Mervaka. The MBT carrying u. ;)

murx -> (5/30/2001 7:21:00 PM)

Or tanks like the British Warrior or the German Marder (has the Bradley a passenger compartment too?) :) Better protection and more punch with 20mm BMK and coax 7.62mm MG :O, and some TOW/HOT or Milan with it too .. murx

Stukadawg -> (5/30/2001 9:54:00 PM)

Yep, M2 Bradley carries 4 passengers I think. M3 is the cavalry version, I don't think it carries passengers.

achappelle -> (5/30/2001 11:34:00 PM)

M2 Bradley can carry 7-8, the cavlry/scout version the M3 carries 4, and I think more TOW missiles.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI