[FIXED B972.13] A/C assigned to mission dont fire its last weapon (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

deep42 -> [FIXED B972.13] A/C assigned to mission dont fire its last weapon (11/11/2017 2:38:35 PM)

I played around with Gunner98's great Strike Tutorial scenarios (http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4300402)

In Strike Scenario Tutorial #4 Laser dance I set up a land strike mission. Two Harriers attack some land targets with CP-123 Paveways. After they have fired all but one they refuse to fire the last one and circle forever over the targets (until Bingo).

But, if you unassign the A/C, that has no Paveway left, from the mission, the other fires its weapon and returns.

May be one of the devs may have a look at the attached savegame.

-Peter

ComDev -> RE: A/C assigned to mission dont fire its last weapon (11/11/2017 6:18:42 PM)

Hi Peter, which version of the game are you using?

I'm using the latest development build and the Harriers turned onto the target and dropped.

Tip: if you unassign the weapon from the target in the Weapons allocation window, the AI will tell you why it will not fire (red text), in this case the target was out of boresight limits.

deep42 -> RE: A/C assigned to mission dont fire its last weapon (11/11/2017 8:18:33 PM)

quote:

Hi Peter, which version of the game are you using?

Oops, forgot to mention it, sorry: Build 972.11.

quote:

Tip: if you unassign the weapon from the target in the Weapons allocation window, the AI will tell you why it will not fire (red text), in this case the target was out of boresight limits.

Yes thats true but if I unpause the game, the A/C turns back to its target. After that the AI tells that automatic fire is allowed (green text).

quote:

I'm using the latest development build and the Harriers turned onto the target and dropped.

So you may check it against 972.11 or I will check it on my machine as soon as the next release is out.
(Or send me the source code and I will debug it here. [:D] VS is already started. [;)])

-Peter

deep42 -> RE: A/C assigned to mission dont fire its last weapon (11/28/2017 3:54:11 PM)

Hi Ragnar,

just to let you know: I installed 972.12 and the problem ist still there. Blue Strike #1 refuses to drop its last CPU-123. I have to use Shift F1/F1 or to reassign the mission.

-Peter

ComDev -> RE: A/C assigned to mission dont fire its last weapon (11/29/2017 7:18:03 PM)

Thanks for your feedback Peter [8D]

Been digging further into this and found a lingering salvo from the Wingman. I've added further checks in the code to detect 'ghost salvos' and it is now removed after 40 seconds of gameplay.

So the aircraft will drop correct in the next exe.

Thanks again!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI