Headquarters Question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> The War Room

nnason -> Headquarters Question (11/12/2017 2:37:40 PM)

Manual pretty clear about attachments.
But I thought I read somewhere that Commonwealth and USA HQs could cross attach units like real life. Is this true?

OxfordGuy3 -> RE: Headquarters Question (11/13/2017 1:03:14 PM)

I doubt it, BTW for the western allies, think it was only theatre command (or Army Group) that cross-attached in real-life, not at the level represented by HQs in the game, which are basically Field Army (not Army Group) commands, at least for the Western Allies. - can you imagine Monty in charge of the 1st US Army or Patton in charge of the British 8th Army? Whereas the British General Alexander was c-in-c of both, as commander of 18th and then 15th Army Group.

OxfordGuy3 -> RE: Headquarters Question (11/14/2017 12:19:29 PM)

Although British HQs can attach Canadian units and vice-versa, and also units from Egypt, Trans-Jordan, Palestine, I think.

Can't remember if the Slovakian or Croatian corps can attach to a German HQ or not

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Headquarters Question (11/14/2017 3:19:45 PM)

quote:

Can't remember if the Slovakian or Croatian corps can attach to a German HQ or not

I just happened to be right there, so I tried to attach a Slovak unit to a German HQ and it won't. [German unit had room to attach another unit].

OxfordGuy3 -> RE: Headquarters Question (11/15/2017 12:34:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

quote:

I just happened to be right there, so I tried to attach a Slovak unit to a German HQ and it won't. [German unit had room to attach another unit].

Thanks, so is it basically just the UK that can attach other countries' units, and only if those countries are part of the British Empire (though technically those in Egypt etc. were not really, as were only protectorates)?

BTW think it would have been nice if the Australian and New Zealand units in-game were given their own flag on the counters, like the Polish destroyer has.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI