RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Strategic Command Series >> Strategic Command WWII War in Europe >> Tech Support

BillRunacre -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/17/2017 7:35:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Harrybanana

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Thanks Harrybanana and if you don't see it listed there in game then it is not going to fire. I suspect this is related to a rare issue we've discovered and we are working to correct this for the next update.

Hubert, I am not a coder and know very little about computer programming. So when Bill told me to go to "Options -> Advanced -> Scripts" I did not know what he meant. Where do I find the "Options" tab? Is it in the Game Menu? If so I only saw a Settings Tab. Or is it in the Editor? If so I couldn't find it. So what I did was go to the game program itself on my C drive and found the scripts for the 1939 Campaign. Those are the ones I printed above.

I have another game that has reached the same point. So far just one turn without triggering the Iraqi surrender. But if there is a bug will it repeat in this game as well, or is that unlikely?

Hi Harry

Sorry for not explaining in more detail, but when you are playing your turn you can find Options -> Advanced -> Scripts. You can find Options at the top right of the screen.

Bill

BillRunacre -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/17/2017 7:36:47 PM)

quote:

Hubert, will a plane work. I suppose it is then prone to being attacked by the Iraqi garrison.

Yes, any unit type placed in that position can act to trigger it.

Harrybanana -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/17/2017 7:49:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Bill Runacre

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hubert Cater

Thanks Harrybanana and if you don't see it listed there in game then it is not going to fire. I suspect this is related to a rare issue we've discovered and we are working to correct this for the next update.

Hubert, I am not a coder and know very little about computer programming. So when Bill told me to go to "Options -> Advanced -> Scripts" I did not know what he meant. Where do I find the "Options" tab? Is it in the Game Menu? If so I only saw a Settings Tab. Or is it in the Editor? If so I couldn't find it. So what I did was go to the game program itself on my C drive and found the scripts for the 1939 Campaign. Those are the ones I printed above.

I have another game that has reached the same point. So far just one turn without triggering the Iraqi surrender. But if there is a bug will it repeat in this game as well, or is that unlikely?

Hi Harry

Sorry for not explaining in more detail, but when you are playing your turn you can find Options -> Advanced -> Scripts. You can find Options at the top right of the screen.

Bill

Thanks Bill, But actually my fault for being an idiot as it never occurred to me to look for this tab when playing the game itself. In any event, I have checked and there are two scripts that say: "DE 624 - UK Invades Iraq In Response To Pro-Axis Coup (Variable)" But there is no "#NAME=" in front of it. Does that help?

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/17/2017 11:04:10 PM)

quote:

a TYPE=1 will only fire a single time after the conditions are met... so the 75% trigger is one of those conditions

Ahah! An ancient Chinese secret! As they say, I don't even know enough to know what I don't know.

Harrybanana -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/19/2017 7:07:12 PM)

Bill and Hubert,

I know it is a weekend and hopefully you guys don't work weekends. But just wanted to let you know that it has now been about 17 turns in one game and 3 in another that Iraq has not surrendered with 2 units adjacent to to Baghdad and a 25% surrender chance. So again, maybe I am just unlucky, but this continues to look more and more like a bug.

Not sure what you guys can and can't do with a saved game. But is it possible for you to just play out say 20 more turns of my game with waclaw (without saving to our game of course) to see if Iraq does surrender?

If you can't tell me definitively if it is a bug or not then let me know that as well. Then Waclaw and I will just play out our game and I'll let you know if when Baghdad surrenders.

Harrybanana -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/20/2017 7:29:17 AM)

More Questions:
1. When does the Iraqi surrender get checked? The end of each turn or the beginning of each turn?
2. Does it get checked during both the Allies turn and the Axis turn? I assume so because no one corrected me when I stated this earlier, but I would like to be sure.
3. What happens to Axis ground and air units inside Iraq when it surrenders?

KorutZelva -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/20/2017 9:16:43 AM)

I only ever saw it at the end of an allies turn.

Axis air stays there, if it was in a town it will have enoufh supply to operate back.

Sugar -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/20/2017 1:48:40 PM)

If Irak surrendered, the country with all its sources turns allied, except occupied sources. They will drop to 3 supply, with the surrounding territory remaining hostile.

In case of freeing Irak, the Axis has to convert all the territory back separately; same for Persia, or Algeria on the other side.

Harrybanana -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/20/2017 4:31:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: KorutZelva

I only ever saw it at the end of an allies turn.

Axis air stays there, if it was in a town it will have enoufh supply to operate back.

OK, so if there is only a surrender chance on the Allies turn (which is not specified in the Manual) then I have still been very unlucky, but not quite as unlucky as I thought. But is the check made at the end of the Allies turn or the beginning? If the end, then I in my game against Sugar I have missed two 75% chances of causing Iraq surrender.

KorutZelva -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/20/2017 4:40:38 PM)

It is done at the end of the turn AFAIK.

Taxman66 -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/20/2017 7:21:25 PM)

For me it happened in the middle of the turn. As soon as the units moved next to Bagdad. Surprised me.

crispy131313 -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/20/2017 7:47:25 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Taxman66

For me it happened in the middle of the turn. As soon as the units moved next to Bagdad. Surprised me.

Countries don't surrender mid turn.

Taxman66 -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/20/2017 7:52:19 PM)

Then I miss remembered.
I was surprised when it happened, I guess it must've been right after I hit end of turn.

Hubert Cater -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/21/2017 1:07:00 AM)

Thanks for the additional info and can you post the ChallengeID and I'll be happy to take a look and then provide further detail/info.

Hubert

Taxman66 -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/21/2017 1:22:29 AM)

89325 for Korut & my game.

Harrybanana -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/21/2017 8:30:09 AM)

My two games are 89838 and 88949.

Thank you for looking into this. As you can probably tell it is really starting to annoy me.

BillRunacre -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/21/2017 3:07:16 PM)

Thanks for these, and I've found the issue.

The Decisions are set to fire when the applicable triggers are reached, but the Surrender scripts are only set to fire from April 1941.

The Surrender scripts should of course be set to fire at any time after the Decisions have fired, but in the game look I looked at, it looks as though the Axis have advanced into Egypt early, i.e. without waiting for the Afrika Korps. So this situation won't be experienced by every player, which might be why we've not encountered it before.

Apologies for this, thanks for your help and patience, and I'll put it on a list to amend in the next patch.

Bill

Harrybanana -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/21/2017 7:12:43 PM)

Bill, thank you. But I am not convinced that this is the only problem with Iraqi surrender.

In my game with Sugar I did not impose the sanctions so stood a 75% chance of surrender each turn. My units did not move adjacent to Baghdad for the first time until after April 1941. At the end of 3 Allied turns and 1 Axis turn I had two units adjacent to Baghdad but it did not surrender. So even if the check is only made at the end of the Allies turn that would still be 3 checks with a 75% chance of surrender. There is only a 1/64 (1.6%) chance of that. Within the realm of possibility but not probability. Of course, if the surrender check is made at the end of each turn the odds of not surrendering drop to 1/256 (0.4%). Is it possible that the check is being made at 25% regardless of whether or not sanctions are imposed? Or, even worse,that the check is not made at all if sanctions are not imposed?

Since I was pretty sure this was a bug I asked Sugar to vacate Baghdad after my 3rd turn adjacent so I could capture it and cause Iraqi surrender. He graciously agreed to this request. But now if it was working properly and I was just incredibly unlucky I feel guilty. But not too guilty as he is kicking my butt.

Also Bill, can you confirm for me exactly when the check is made for surrender? Is it made at the end of each turn, or just the Allies turn? Your answer will effect my decision in the future whether or not to impose sanctions (assuming that not imposing gives a 75% surrender chance).

Hubert Cater -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/22/2017 1:10:21 AM)

Surrender checks would be made at the end of a turn and in this case this particular script would fire at the end of an Allied turn.

BillRunacre -> RE: Iraq Not Surrendering Bug? (11/22/2017 2:22:56 PM)

Hi Harrybanana

Pleased to see the issue is now resolved in your game, and as the check at the end of the Allied turn is not contingent on previous results, it seems very plausible to have several turns in a row where the % to surrender isn't achieved.

These scripts haven't been changed in a long time, and I've seen them fire in my own games, as have others here, so I think that once I've tweaked the dates in them to allow them to fire earlier everything should be correct.

Bill

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI