While waiting (patiently) for WIP (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> War In The Pacific - Struggle Against Japan 1941 - 1945

dwesolick -> While waiting (patiently) for WIP (5/21/2003 4:46:40 AM)

A suggestion for those (like me) waiting for WIP to come out, try reading "A Glorious way to Die: The Kamikaze Mission of the Battleship Yamato" by Russell Spurr. It's a bit of an old book (pub. 1981) but it's a heck of a good read and tells the story from both American and Japanese perspectives.

Alternatively, you could just keep playing UV...but is there anything more depressing than December 1943??? The urge to go on to Hollandia, the Marianas, (and points beyond) is a bit much at this stage.

denisonh -> (5/21/2003 1:19:19 PM)

Hell, UV is more than enough, as I have my hands fulll with several PBEM games as both the USN and IJN.

Just sharpening my skills in preparation for WitP....

pasternakski -> (5/21/2003 2:02:07 PM)

I dunno. On those occasions when I, as the Allies, have broken through to the Bismarck Sea and taken the Admiralties, Madang, and even Wewak, I want more. On the flip side, winning an automatic victory is very unsatisfying to me, as one who would find gratification only in a successful Japanese amphibious assault on Oahu (and, dare I say it, San Francisco).

"I've been in war. I've been in Eleanor. Give me war!"

denisonh -> (5/21/2003 2:08:52 PM)

You are fortunate. I have had only one PBEM game go past DEC 42. (AI games don't count)

I have played all but one as the USN, and they have conceeded by Dec 42 (except for one game which went through APR 42, and the three I have going curently, one as IJN).

So I have yet to be "bored" with UV.

Although my game with Crocky I expect to go a lot farther, based on his AAR with Kid (I am not sure what I signed up for in THAT one)

Sonny -> (5/21/2003 7:45:50 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by denisonh
[B]....................
I have played all but one as the USN, and they have conceeded by Dec 42 (except for one game which went through APR 42, and the three I have going curently, one as IJN).

.................... [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, but you had won way before December of '42 - you just wanted to keep going 'til you got bored with pounding me into dust.:D

denisonh -> (5/21/2003 10:35:35 PM)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sonny
[B]Yeah, but you had won way before December of '42 - you just wanted to keep going 'til you got bored with pounding me into dust.:D [/B][/QUOTE]

It was a good experience for you. You are a better man for it:D

(Hey, I didn't have any floating carriers, so I thought you had a shot until we got to Apr 43)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI