Special Point Blank Fire (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Current Games From Matrix.] >> [World War II] >> Steel Panthers World At War & Mega Campaigns

heintz28 -> Special Point Blank Fire (5/30/2001 12:16:00 AM)

Just got 5.0 + 5.01 installed. This version is Great Overruns/melees.... :D What is ment by "Special Point Blank Fire" in game terms? Also, minor nit-picks..... I mistakenly hit the F9(surrender) insted of 9 key. I said No I did not want to surrender.. that worked OK, but that ends the turn for you! I know its my mistake... is this just like the undo button? I thought there is a stacking limit for Vehicles on bridged. I had 5 Pz IVe's on one bridge Hex. I also get some screech sounds after going back to the main screen from a game. (SBLive) thanks for the great work. looking forward to the Mega Campaign

RockinHarry -> (5/30/2001 2:19:00 AM)

quote:

Originally posted by heintz28: I thought there is a stacking limit for Vehicles on bridged. I had 5 Pz IVe's on one bridge Hex.
Hm..just checked this and found out, you have stacking limit with bridge on stream/gully/trench but not (anymore?!) with same bridge on any water/canals hex! :confused: So something went wrong with the stacking limit here in 5.0/5.01!?? ___________ Harry

Resisti -> (5/30/2001 2:54:00 PM)

quote:

Originally posted by heintz28: What is ment by "Special Point Blank Fire" in game terms?
Roughly it's an OP which yr opponent' unit is allowed with every time you go at blank distance with it,even if "normal" op firee are no more available for that unit. For details,check the Opportunity fire section of the manual,is clearly stated there
quote:

Also, minor nit-picks..... I mistakenly hit the F9(surrender) insted of 9 key. I said No I did not want to surrender.. that worked OK, but that ends the turn for you!
Click the escape key,instead,it should work. [ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: Resisti ]

heintz28 -> (5/31/2001 5:29:00 AM)

OK ... Thanks. Special point blank fire is just an additional Op Fire if your units get to close(point blank) to the enemy. It doesnt mean the firing unit has any additional modifiers/bonuses? (like Vulnerable Hit Location works) thanks for verifing the Brigde stacking.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI