Weather effects--where would they be shown? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

BigBog -> Weather effects--where would they be shown? (11/21/2017 1:45:25 PM)

I am looking for where on the UI the info for weather effects, such as snow or mud, would be reflected?
I am thinking that they may be on the "per hex movement values" shown on the movement path arrow, but not sure they are reflected there either--

If I toggle on the weather overlay, in areas where there should be mud I don;t see any difference between those movement values and other non-mud areas....?

Any help in understanding how to access the "penalties" on the map or UI would be appreciated--!

BigBog

Curtis Lemay -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (11/21/2017 3:22:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BigBog

I am looking for where on the UI the info for weather effects, such as snow or mud, would be reflected?
I am thinking that they may be on the "per hex movement values" shown on the movement path arrow, but not sure they are reflected there either--

If I toggle on the weather overlay, in areas where there should be mud I don;t see any difference between those movement values and other non-mud areas....?

Any help in understanding how to access the "penalties" on the map or UI would be appreciated--!

BigBog

Snow and mud appear on the map - they have their own terrain tiles.

goodwoodrw -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (11/21/2017 11:50:02 PM)

A note on weather, we can show weather on the map but is there a legend for the symbols?

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (11/22/2017 4:21:17 AM)

These ?

[image]local://upfiles/24850/CD4B2EEE6764484F961F8A6856FF5574.jpg[/image]

BigBog -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (11/22/2017 12:41:09 PM)

Excellent help--I didn't realize they had their own terrain tiles. What I was looking at was weather where it had been raining for several tuens, but mud actually hadn't occurred yet. I thought it was muddy, but wasn't. Now I'll look for those separate tiles....thanks!!@

JTenebrous -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (1/8/2018 10:31:44 PM)

Hey, sorry if I've missed something here, but is there in existance any legend for the weather symbols in TOAW IV? I can see the chart above, but it doesn't match what I'm seeing on my screen, and doesn't include all the weather icons I'm seeing when I enabled the weather overlay (so maybe this chart was for TOAW III?). Also, is there any guidance as to what these various weather effects specifically *do* in game terms? I've seen a weather report or two in my time, so I can make an abstract guess, but it would be good to know in detail if such a resource is out there. I've RTFM'd from cover-to-cover so unless my eyelids were getting heavy during this particular section (hey, 176 pages of game manual can be hard going), there isn't any information available. Thanks.

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (1/8/2018 11:34:56 PM)

Searching the pdf manual for 'Weather' will show you all the effects, they are scattered thru the manual. Below is the TOAW III weather [post 4 shows TOAW III .png weather, post 8 shows TOAW IV weather]. Not sure what else you are seeing, maybe give us a screen shot ?

[image]local://upfiles/24850/4573FBD338CD44BB8D423CE9B8CF6B3F.jpg[/image]

Meyer1 -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (1/8/2018 11:39:42 PM)

Weather effects are all over the manual, would be nice to be concentrated in one section but... I just search for the word "weather"in the PDF. 75 results [:)]

Yeah that chart is from TOAW III. There isn't a chart like that in the manual so there you go (in the same order as the older)

[image]local://upfiles/34046/18713731A72B4E118CFDE035356B5083.jpg[/image]

Meyer1 -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (1/8/2018 11:44:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: sPzAbt653

Searching the pdf manual for 'Weather' will show you all the effects, they are scattered thru the manual. Below is the TOAW III weather [post 4 shows TOAW IV weather]. Not sure what else you are seeing, maybe give us a screen shot ?

[image]local://upfiles/24850/4573FBD338CD44BB8D423CE9B8CF6B3F.jpg[/image]

Steve, the first chart that you posted is the default weather for TOAW III. That is, the PNG one. Of course you didn't use it [:D][:'(]

sPzAbt653 -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (1/9/2018 1:37:49 AM)

quote:

Steve, the first chart that you posted is the default weather for TOAW III. That is, the PNG one. Of course you didn't use it

Lol, yes of course I never used it ! Thanks for the correction, I was thinking that I made those when the IV graphics change happened, but I guess I did them before that.

JTenebrous -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (1/9/2018 8:42:28 AM)

Much appreciated guys, that sorts it out. Meyer, thanks for putting together this chart corresponds with the updated .PNG TOAW IV weather icons. This makes everything more clear.

Oberst_Klink -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (1/9/2018 11:02:11 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JTenebrous

Much appreciated guys, that sorts it out. Meyer, thanks for putting together this chart corresponds with the updated .PNG TOAW IV weather icons. This makes everything more clear.

AFAIR I also explained it in Tutorial '44, especially the impact for the air force(s).

Klink, Oberst

JTenebrous -> RE: Weather effects--where would they be shown? (1/9/2018 5:10:38 PM)

OK, cool - I'm just working through your Tutorial '41 at the moment (which is great), but I plan to go through all of them now that I've read the manual. I should be pretty well prepared after that (I hope).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI