No swords on map (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> The Operational Art of War IV

Cfant -> No swords on map (11/22/2017 6:14:45 AM)

Hi!

According to the manual, recent battles should be shown as crossed swords, as should BTS-stamps. In my game there are no such symbols. Do I have to activate them somehow?

Thanks!

ataquerojo -> RE: No swords on map (11/22/2017 6:46:51 AM)

Push the button on upper left side (normally you see there two flags, after push it you must see the swords)

Cfant -> RE: No swords on map (11/22/2017 6:53:05 AM)

You, Sir, are my hero ;)

Thanks!

Silvanski -> RE: No swords on map (12/2/2017 11:57:06 PM)

The sword could be of a brighter color.. some modding coming up ;-)

gbaby -> RE: No swords on map (12/3/2017 12:49:00 AM)

This is also cyclable with multiple view options with the "Map" panel, fourth and last column, 3rd button down, called "BTS Visibility". You can leave the upper left with multiple flag showing in "Review Battles" mode.

rmp090946 -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 12:42:36 PM)

So far, I've had "zero success" in getting these swords to appear despite utilizing all suggested
manual directions and forum input.

I've also looked in every one of the game's folders (both "Documents" and the "C" install) for the PNG or BMP
for the swords but also have failed to find them (the PNG file).

Question: Do you know the "swords" exact file name (PNG, BMP, JPG??); and, which folder it's suppose to reside in?
Maybe the file never installed?

Thanks for any assist.

Bob

Oberst_Klink -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 1:55:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rmp090946

So far, I've had "zero success" in getting these swords to appear despite utilizing all suggested
manual directions and forum input.

I've also looked in every one of the game's folders (both "Documents" and the "C" install) for the PNG or BMP
for the swords but also have failed to find them (the PNG file).

Question: Do you know the "swords" exact file name (PNG, BMP, JPG??); and, which folder it's suppose to reside in?
Maybe the file never installed?

Thanks for any assist.

Bob

Verified. Just had a look as well... Review Battle 'Swords' somehow don't show up. I use a graphic mod though... will check if it happens in the vanilla as well.

Klink, Oberst

JapLance -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 3:48:27 PM)

Try this button:

[image]local://upfiles/8062/7D85081B0F044F5BAAAB5C09B9F48A26.jpg[/image]

Oberst_Klink -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 4:12:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JapLance

Try this button:

[image]local://upfiles/8062/7D85081B0F044F5BAAAB5C09B9F48A26.jpg[/image]

Si! LOL, gracias! Oh gosh... aye, it does work LOL.

Klink, Oberst

rmp090946 -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 5:13:52 PM)

JapLance; Klink, Oberst:

Thanks for suggestion, but that's the button(s) referred to in the manual that I've been trying since day 1 without any success.

I'd appreciate if someone could locate and provide me the actual PNG or BMP file name that is used for "the swords". As stated in my 1st post, I've searched unsuccessfully to find the file myself. Actually, if you find the file, could you please provide me with an attachment so I can put it into the appropriate folder? I can only suspect that that file IS NOT within my game folder(s) for use.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

Oberst_Klink -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 5:30:37 PM)

quote:

JapLance; Klink, Oberst:

Thanks for suggestion, but that's the button(s) referred to in the manual that I've been trying since day 1 without any success.

I'd appreciate if someone could locate and provide me the actual PNG or BMP file name that is used for "the swords". As stated in my 1st post, I've searched unsuccessfully to find the file myself. Actually, if you find the file, could you please provide me with an attachment so I can put it into the appropriate folder? I can only suspect that that file IS NOT within my game folder(s) for use.

Thanks for your help.

Bob

No problem, Bob.
OK, let's try it step by step. Did you switch to 'Review Battles' on the top left corner as well? That's the only way to show the swords/review the battles (see screenshot).

Klink, Oberst

[image]local://upfiles/28259/870F11C4142944B49857C0F85CD371C1.jpg[/image]

rmp090946 -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 5:41:59 PM)

Yes

Curtis Lemay -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 5:55:24 PM)

quote:

tiles_misc.png

There are also h_ and s_ versions necessary.

rmp090946 -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 6:14:49 PM)

Curtis Lemay.....Thank you for the file names! I did have the files installed.....but:

I had Silvanski Mod files installed in Graphics Override Folder which had these file names. I just deleted his files and looked at the game and the swords show OK now!

I suspected something was amiss with the file(s) somehow.

Thanks again!

Bob

Silvanski -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 7:51:50 PM)

My bad. The tiles_misc files included are Telumar's alternative from TOAWIII without the swords of course

iPhoneAppz -> RE: No swords on map (12/4/2017 10:19:16 PM)

quote:

Curtis Lemay.....Thank you for the file names! I did have the files installed.....but:

I had Silvanski Mod files installed in Graphics Override Folder which had these file names. I just deleted his files and looked at the game and the swords show OK now!

I suspected something was amiss with the file(s) somehow.

Thanks again!

Bob

I was just going to post the same thing. If I get a chance, I'll go into the mod file and add the swords. Hopefully, we'll get some really nice TOAW 4 graphics mods soon though so I don't have to. :)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI