Novice helicopter ASW patrols question (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> Command: Modern Operations series

Phoenix100 -> Novice helicopter ASW patrols question (11/23/2017 8:22:45 PM)

I'm playing Duellists. Can anyone help - there are various ASW tracks set up and various helicopters patrolling them, the Sea King, for example. They have sonarbuoys on board which I can drop in a pattern etc, but - my question is - when an ASW helicopter is set to patrol a track or zone, with sonar active, does it use some sonar other than the buoys to complete the mission, to actually search sub-surface? Or do I have to manually drop sonarbuoys? A supplementary question - there's no way to program the helicopters to drop a sonarbuoy pattern?

At the moment the helicoptersgo out and patrol up and down their tracks, but what are they actually doing? Just using the naked eye to spot sub-surface vessels? Or do they automatically use some non-sonarbuoy sonar capability if they're set to an ASW mission? Can I just leave them to go back and forth, or do I need to periodically do something (like drop sonarbuoys)?

Many thanks.

Cik -> RE: Novice helicopter ASW patrols question (11/23/2017 8:34:36 PM)

helicopters assigned to an ASW track will patrol in their patrol areas and drop passive/active sonobuoys depending on their logic. if so equipped they will also deploy dipping sonar(s) at intervals and search that way.

also if they have a surface search radar and are using it they can spot diesel/electric subs by detecting snorkels and periscopes with the surface radar and/or their eyeballs.

no you cannot manually program a sonobuoy pattern at this point.

does that help?

Phoenix100 -> RE: Novice helicopter ASW patrols question (11/23/2017 8:46:04 PM)

It does. Many thanks. But, mine don't seem to be deploying sonarbuoys automatically. Where do I alter the 'logic' you refer to in order to get them to do that periodically?

Cik -> RE: Novice helicopter ASW patrols question (11/23/2017 9:44:25 PM)

are they assigned to an ASW mission and do they have sonobuoys onboard?

they should be dropping them periodically as long as they are on-station and the waters they are flying over are not saturated.

post a save if you can if after a few attempts it's still not working and i'll take a look at it.

Phoenix100 -> RE: Novice helicopter ASW patrols question (11/24/2017 8:20:51 AM)

Thanks, Cik. They are so assigned and they do have sonobuoys. And they are not in sonobuoy saturated waters. I'll watch them a bit more then post a save if it still doesn't work. Thanks.

BeirutDude -> RE: Novice helicopter ASW patrols question (11/26/2017 9:50:12 PM)

Might I suggest, if you haven't done so already, turning on the Datalinks and see if they are actively monitoring the sonobuoys that are deployed? I suspect they are. I am not proficient enough with the game/AI to know if they have a maximum number of sonobuoys they can monitor?

Marder -> RE: Novice helicopter ASW patrols question (11/28/2017 6:52:38 AM)

Just a guess: maybe you set "display sonobuoys" to "do not show" in the settings?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI