I'm probably missing a trick here (Full Version)

All Forums >> [New Releases from Matrix Games] >> War in the Pacific: Admiral's Edition >> Tech Support

kowloon -> I'm probably missing a trick here (11/24/2017 2:59:57 AM)

When I enter the flags for fullscreen windowed:
"I:\WITP\War in the Pacific Admiral Edition.exe" -w -px1920 –py1080
I'm getting a window all right, but it's much smaller. Playing with the fullscreen flag stretches the screen but keeps it at the lower resolution. I'm using Win 7, what am I doing wrong?

witpqs -> RE: I'm probably missing a trick here (11/24/2017 4:10:45 AM)

Okay, I think this is an old problem you've run into. The dash (-) characters you are using are not all correct. The problem is the dash characters in the PDF manual are not really dash characters, they are what's called n-dashes, which look slightly better typographically. The result is that you cannot copy paste from the manual, you have to type in the dashes from your keyboard.

The way AE works is to just disregard any switches that it does not understand. It will not give you any warning, it will not crash, it will just ignore the 'bad' switch.

So first thing is delete each of the dashes (-) in your shortcut and retype them. If you look closely as what you pasted into your post you will see that one of the dashes appears to be a different length than the others.

Once you have the dashes right then you can focus on getting the switches you want.

Lokasenna -> RE: I'm probably missing a trick here (11/25/2017 3:53:11 AM)

In the original post, the problem character looks like the -py to me. It is the "longer" dash.

kowloon -> RE: I'm probably missing a trick here (11/25/2017 6:00:29 AM)

That was the problem, thanks for the help!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI